Mornington Sat 15/12 - Finally some success L/B

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
cdrolly

Mornington Sat 15/12 - Finally some success L/B

Post by cdrolly » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:41 am

My Partner and I headed out to Mornington at about 1am and set up just off the rocks..yay finally the weekend was here and time to wet the lines :bounce:
It was a slow start I had a Ray nearly empty my 20lb braid spool on my surf Rod Doh! should have cut it loose as soon as I noticed no Head Shakes. SO Early on had to drop back to the 15lb Spool. Just before Dawn we managed to pull in a legal Pinkie on a half a pilly and soon after an octupus followed on my Snapper Rod baited with a squid head! Needless to say this was quickly thrown back in. The Storm then rolled in it rained for about 15 minutes then it carried itself on to dump inland emptying the pier. It was then a quite day until about midday and my Partner was able to reel in 2 whiting (37cm and 40cm) on fresh pipis in amongst the multitude of small flathead. As soon as the whiting and Flatties died off the bite...WHizzzz my snapper rod starts buckling It was low tide and the light was beginning to fade and another fisho on the pier next to me his rod starts buckling. In the next 30 minutes 3 snapper were on the pier all around the 1kg mark. As soon as it got dark the bites died off. We packed up and headed home pretty stoked with the catch in our eskie :)
Will post pics soon...so finally the drought at Morington has broken this season for us and the 40cm Whiting was a PB for the mrs so a great weekend had for all! :smokey:

Breamster

Re: Mornington Sat 15/12 - Finally some success L/B

Post by Breamster » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:03 am

Great work mate.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:12 am

Great buddy well done :thumbsup:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

cdrolly

Post by cdrolly » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Yeah thanks guys... Last 4 weeks been hitting the pier every weekend with no fish but been saving the donuts with a few squid off the jigs...its a nice change to bring home fish... The whiting was beautiful lightly fried with some garlic sauce drizzled over it on a bed of rice YUM. Saving the snapper for a bbq during the break. Finally got the little boat in order so looking forward to getting out into the bay this break. 4 days left of work :woohoo: :water: :r

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Top work man. Haven`t seen a whiting for about a month now...few and far between at the minute...gonna have a go at my have evening whiting spot over the holidays..

cdrolly

Post by cdrolly » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:54 pm

CarlG wrote:Top work man. Haven`t seen a whiting for about a month now...few and far between at the minute...gonna have a go at my have evening whiting spot over the holidays..
Yeah I was really surprised when it came up and stoked for the mrs too :) they put up a good fight especially on the light gear we were running.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:03 pm

CarlG wrote:Top work man. Haven`t seen a whiting for about a month now...few and far between at the minute...gonna have a go at my have evening whiting spot over the holidays..
Carl if your whiting spot is anything like your salmon spot then your going to make me very jealous :mrgreen: :lolf:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:48 pm

cdrolly wrote:
Yeah I was really surprised when it came up and stoked for the mrs too :) they put up a good fight especially on the light gear we were running.
They are cracking little battlers for their size...and my favourite eating fish apart from John Dory...which we`re not likely to catch in the bay...

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:
Carl if your whiting spot is anything like your salmon spot then your going to make me very jealous :mrgreen: :lolf:
Lol...not quite mate..I bloody wish...just been hitting the salmon while they`ve still been here, should really get back chasing the slim fellas..

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Top show cd, well done mate. Good to read you and the Mrs. got on to some fish. :dinner: :cheers:

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”