Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:53 pm
Seb85 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:39 pm
Longshankhooks wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:15 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:14 pm
Nice work mate.
Were there many others fishing for gars?
Yeah a couple of guys using floats so i assume they are also chasing gars. These guys fight like crazy on light tackle and they sometimes fly mid air.
I remember I was going to buy a 1-2kg $100 rod and 1000 reel to fish for garfish. They are fun to catch on light gear.
I found my favourite combo is a $20 jw kmart combo i got 5 years ago. Works like a charm for me.

You should seb! I highly recommend it mate :thumbsup: you caught many in the past?
Used to go to Portsea, Rye, Beaumaris a lot to look for squids, then saw some people burleying and baiting with silverfish/whitebait, there were hundreds of big garfish (in Beaumaris), changed the squid jig to small hook and tried to fish the garfish, and had fun!.. I was using 2-4kg rod back then, hence the idea of getting 1-2 kg rod came.
I bought squid rod instead though, lol.
I dont go for squids as often, otherwise would always be prepared to fish for squids and garfish, especially in calm days.
found my favourite combo is a $20 jw kmart combo i got 5 years ago. Works like a charm for me. :thumbsup:

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”