Mornington Pier - 06/01 - AM

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Mornington Pier - 06/01 - AM

Post by StarrangerAU » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:22 am

Just a quick few notes...

I made a dash run down to Mornington on Sunday morning, disappointed I missed the sun-up (which is my favorite part of the day) cause I slept in a fraction. I had a mind to try for whiting off the beach after managing to purchase some very good sized pippi from the tackle shop at the Patto boat ramp. I tried the Sunnyside (southern end) Beach for 20mins plus, but with a moderate wind coming in from SW it made it difficult to keep everything light and work by feel. So, I pushed off and thought to use the Mornington Pier and fish the low side with the wind at my back.

First cast and inside 30 secs... Pinkie, albeit a wee thing .... I was hoping I'd not be having a morning of losing bait to him and his mates. In an attempt to avoid that, I tried my best to keep the lines more out over towards the moored boats, and less towards the pier.... that seemed to do the trick. There was no shortage of bites, so much so that i just worked with the one line most of the morning.

Nett result from 2 hours plus at Mornington Pier... 3 whiting good enough for the plate. All on Pippi, all with running sinker and a trailing 1 mtr size 10 hook. Better than a kick in the head at least.

Hoodoo seems to be finally breaking, now if I could only get on a boat at least once this Summer... :-)
Cheers!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Mornington Pier - 06/01 - AM

Post by Lightningx » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:26 am

I have tried that beach at the end of Sunnyside road but never really had much luck there.
A few whiting is still alright. Enjoy the feed :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Mornington Pier - 06/01 - AM

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Well done on getting a few

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”