So is Mornington pier wrecked again?

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: So is Mornington pier wrecked again?

Post by smile0784 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Hosery wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
Lightningx wrote:They must all be still catching the small squid down there then.
Heaps of them. Heaps of f*wit danglers too.

Went there a few nights ago. I was alone on one corner. Then I snagged one decent cala. Before i know it, a Vietnamese woman was beside me and dropped her jig and sinker where i pulled the squid not knowing i snagged the cala from farther out. Pulled one again and when i picked up the squid to put it in my bag, she jumped onto my plank of wood. I got 5 quickly and by that time i already lost my space. She was even hip- butting me. F**wit!!

If she was beautiful I would probably hit her butt. Lol.
Fark that! And I bet she couldn’t even speak a word of English. If someone did that to me while I was fishing I would either beat them over the head with the closest object I could grab or fly kick them in the drink! Thank god I don’t live in melb and have to deal with that kind of rubbish.
Not worth it mate. Not worth loosing anymore fishing time over someone who is soninconsiderate.

She probably know English.
Her favorite line probably i dont speak englishh

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:42 pm

That’s right mate

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:50 pm

yep lets turn this into an Asian bashing chat

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Im a land based angler, this issue is almost certain when its busy in areas such as morno pier, st kilda pier, Lorne pier etc... i tend to have a sacrifice cheapy rod with fine cheap 4 lb braid, when someone like that invades my space id let this rod tangle on purpose, while they try and untangle the impossible, ill grab my good rod and continue fishing. Often i get asked to cut my line id refuse and reply " you tangled it, you untangle it", yet they still dont learn. Its not only asians but rather people of all different background have given me the same grief over the years. Physical violence isnt worth anything these days, we just have to learn to fish around them.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Kenle wrote:Im a land based angler, this issue is almost certain when its busy in areas such as morno pier, st kilda pier, Lorne pier etc... i tend to have a sacrifice cheapy rod with fine cheap 4 lb braid, when someone like that invades my space id let this rod tangle on purpose, while they try and untangle the impossible, ill grab my good rod and continue fishing. Often i get asked to cut my line id refuse and reply " you tangled it, you untangle it", yet they still dont learn. Its not only asians but rather people of all different background have given me the same grief over the years. Physical violence isnt worth anything these days, we just have to learn to fish around them.
ah yes, the good old flog blocker. I have been told a 24kg rod, 50lb mono and a 9oz grapple sinker either side of your spot work quite well at this too
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:41 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Hosery wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
Lightningx wrote:They must all be still catching the small squid down there then.

Went there a few nights ago. I was alone on one corner. Then I snagged one decent cala. Before i know it, a Vietnamese woman was beside me and dropped her jig and sinker where i pulled the squid not knowing i snagged the cala from farther out. Pulled one again and when i picked up the squid to put it in my bag, she jumped onto my plank of wood. I got 5 quickly and by that time i already lost my space. She was even hip- butting me. F**wit!!

Fark that! And I bet she couldn’t even speak a word of English. If someone did that to me while I was fishing I would either beat them over the head with the closest object I could grab or fly kick them in the drink! Thank god I don’t live in melb and have to deal with that kind of rubbish.
Not worth it mate. Not worth loosing anymore fishing time over someone who is soninconsiderate.

Maybe I’d had a few to many jd cans writing that. But even still that’s not on. Someone fishing is spot B And you catch a fish in spot A so they thinks it’s their right to cast over the top of you and tangle your lines just to try and catch a fish. That’s a joke. You got that corner of the pier so it’s yours till your ready to leave or you say to old mate hey have a cast here.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:33 pm

piscateur wrote:yep lets turn this into an Asian bashing chat
It was more related to people who choose to say cant speak english but that really can

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Hosery wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Hosery wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:

Maybe I’d had a few to many jd cans writing that. But even still that’s not on. Someone fishing is spot B And you catch a fish in spot A so they thinks it’s their right to cast over the top of you and tangle your lines just to try and catch a fish. That’s a joke. You got that corner of the pier so it’s yours till your ready to leave or you say to old mate hey have a cast here.
Your right in a way.
The fish in the ocean is everyones but people need to have respect for follow angler and not impose on there personal space unless invited

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:27 pm

smile0784 wrote:
piscateur wrote:yep lets turn this into an Asian bashing chat
It was more related to people who choose to say cant speak english but that really can

Didn't know you spoke for everybody on here.

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Ahhh yet another reason i will stick to my quiet stretches along the Yarra.
I just can't be bothered fighting the crowds any longer :water:

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”