Landbased fishing Mt.Martha rocks

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
hskim00

Re: Landbased fishing Mt.Martha rocks

Post by hskim00 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Haven't had much luck there in Mt Martha apart from cala and gar. Maybe other anglers know that area and have had better luck with lager fish than me. If you really want to have a serious go in rocky areas, travel along Esplenade Rd from Mornington pier to Mt Martha. Between the two you may find other clliffy and rocky spots that are also worth to try. Yeah, surely before heading out, search google maps and try to find deep holes to cast your line in those areas. Also, make sure you are armed with heaps of pre rigs as you will lose many tackles to rocks and weeds. My recent trips were not too bad, landing some pinkies and two nice snappers.

shooto

Re: Landbased fishing Mt.Martha rocks

Post by shooto » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:04 am

I have been having a look at this post and i thought i should ad something
Mt Martha rocks are very dangerous for non experienced fishos i will give everyone a few tips
Go with someone who has fished there before knows his way around
Where correct footwear you have been warned one slip and it most likely will be fatal
Also organize your gear so you only take only what is of utmost importance as you will need a hand free unless your goat like us experienced fishos.
also i hate place with gusto i keep landing rays massive ones last time i was there i fought one for half an hour on medium to heavy gear so i don't lose my braid then i released the 50-60 lb ray and left.
Thats what happens to you down there ocnsistently on glassy days.

hope this helps
take it easy

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”