Squid session 29/5/2016

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
Crusher777

Re: Squid session 29/5/2016

Post by Crusher777 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:56 pm

Yea I will. You said the ones in the pier are a bit smaller? Is the same jig ok?

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon May 30, 2016 9:58 pm

Crusher777 wrote:I looked this place up and it's a bit far from my place.
BCF and Compleat Angler have them most of the time. Sephia is quite a common brand.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 30, 2016 9:58 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:Good session! well done mate
Thanks Anth :-D

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon May 30, 2016 10:00 pm

Lightningx wrote:
samjas1316 wrote:Brilliant effort Lightningx. Four from four casts would've been fun. Quality time with the missus as well.
Cheers mate. Yea I'm a lucky guy. She absolutely loves it and I have taught her well so these days when we go she does everything herself :thumbsup:
Same here my mrs loves fishing ties her own knots baits her own hooks! Even casts better than some of my mates! She wants to try get something on a lure I suggested squid but haven't found the spare time yet, or place!

Some of my mates get balls busted for going fishing, we got it good I guess ;)
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 30, 2016 10:01 pm

Crusher777 wrote:Yea I will. You said the ones in the pier are a bit smaller? Is the same jig ok?
If fishing from the pier I would probably use a smaller one like a 2.5 or even smaller mate.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 30, 2016 10:09 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
samjas1316 wrote:Brilliant effort Lightningx. Four from four casts would've been fun. Quality time with the missus as well.
Cheers mate. Yea I'm a lucky guy. She absolutely loves it and I have taught her well so these days when we go she does everything herself :thumbsup:
Same here my mrs loves fishing ties her own knots baits her own hooks! Even casts better than some of my mates! She wants to try get something on a lure I suggested squid but haven't found the spare time yet, or place!

Definitely BG! I'm so proud of her. It wasn't that long ago she couldn't even cast. I would have to cast it out for her every time. Now if we go for sp salmons she chooses her own Plastic and puts it onto the jig head and ties the knot. Snapper fishing puts on her own bait and makes her own rigs. If it's squid she does it all herself too and she even helped me clean all the squid last night :thumbsup:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon May 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Sounds like you need to get a ring on her finger. Possibly not a squid ring though
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 30, 2016 10:26 pm

4liters wrote:Sounds like you need to get a ring on her finger. Possibly not a squid ring though
Haha lol yea mate I'm working on it :thumbsup:

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon May 30, 2016 10:43 pm

Lightningx wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:
Lightningx wrote:

Definitely BG! I'm so proud of her. It wasn't that long ago she couldn't even cast. I would have to cast it out for her every time. Now if we go for sp salmons she chooses her own Plastic and puts it onto the jig head and ties the knot. Snapper fishing puts on her own bait and makes her own rigs. If it's squid she does it all herself too and she even helped me clean all the squid last night :thumbsup:
That's it! I was in the same boat tying knots baiting hooks pretty much everything but reel it in! Her first eel in the Yarra ha her hooked "I know now why u like it, that was exhillerating" haha hopefully I got her ready for snapper season ;) I'd rather her be fishin with than than bombarding me with texts asking how long I'll
Be! That said she only likes fishing easily accessible areas which tbh isn't my style! So I still have plenty of opportunity to go n do my own thing!

Can't teach em to much tho otherwise they'll show us up sooner than we know it ;)
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Mon May 30, 2016 10:50 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:Good session! well done mate
Thanks Anth :-D
That Yamashita Jig you got there is my go to jig! I swear by that thing. It's awesome that you got your misses into it as well. My misses loves squid fishing as too. I know so many girls that like it.. I wonder what it is!? It's perfect for blokes like us!

That's my one.. Its 5 years old and has caught 100s of squid. I had to put new feather wings on it because they were destroyed lol If I lose this jig I'll cry!
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (36.42 KiB) Viewed 1724 times

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”