Morno rocks bait !

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
Treyball

Morno rocks bait !

Post by Treyball » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:52 am

Hey everyone new to this forum so I'll keep it short and sweet.. Headed down to Morno rocks on a bait collection mission.. No squid to be seen but found a school of yakkas to keep me busy for an hour or two and ended up with a few dozen.. Hoping to turn that into a Jew this weekend fingers crossed ;-)
Attachments
image.jpeg

Stevieboy

Re: Morno rocks bait !

Post by Stevieboy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:04 am

Nice catch bud be sure to post up a photo of the jew you land come the weekend :)

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:10 am

Treyball wrote:Hey everyone new to this forum so I'll keep it short and sweet.. Headed down to Morno rocks on a bait collection mission.. No squid to be seen but found a school of yakkas to keep me busy for an hour or two and ended up with a few dozen.. Hoping to turn that into a Jew this weekend fingers crossed ;-)
Welcome to the forum mate! :) looks like you have plenty of fresh bait there :thumbsup:

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:10 am

Good job mate!
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Treyball

Post by Treyball » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:59 am

Stevieboy wrote:Nice catch bud be sure to post up a photo of the jew you land come the weekend :)
Will do Stevie.. Put in some good hours these last 2 years but feel I'm very close to landing one.. Dropped one about a month ago after a hard fought 10 mins.. Ahwell this weekend we'll change that

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:03 am

Treyball wrote:
Stevieboy wrote:Nice catch bud be sure to post up a photo of the jew you land come the weekend :)
Will do Stevie.. Put in some good hours these last 2 years but feel I'm very close to landing one.. Dropped one about a month ago after a hard fought 10 mins.. Ahwell this weekend we'll change that
I know how you feel mate. Years ago me and my mate ended up sleeping under the bolte chasing those things with live mullets lol good luck this weekend :thumbsup:

mingle
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mingle » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:09 am

Whao! Awesome catch. I wonder why I never seem to come across baitfish like that - I think they're actually Cowanyoung or Horse Mackerel...

If you don't catch any jewies, they go great deep-fried and served with lime-chilli sauce... :-)

Cheers,

Mike.

Treyball

Post by Treyball » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:28 am

mingle wrote:Whao! Awesome catch. I wonder why I never seem to come across baitfish like that - I think they're actually Cowanyoung or Horse Mackerel...

If you don't catch any jewies, they go great deep-fried and served with lime-chilli sauce... :-)

Cheers,

Mike.
Wasn't expecting it tbh ! I think some of them might've been cowanyoung as some had stripes (luderick looking) when looking down on the fish and the others didn't which was weird..

I'll definitely try that.. Always wondered if you could eat them

Treyball

Post by Treyball » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:29 am

Lightningx wrote:
Treyball wrote:
I know how you feel mate. Years ago me and my mate ended up sleeping under the bolte chasing those things with live mullets lol good luck this weekend :thumbsup:
Done a few of those trips lol.. Just waiting for that one screaming run

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:32 am

Treyball wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Treyball wrote:
Done a few of those trips lol.. Just waiting for that one screaming run
Hopefully yours is a stoppable run! Mine was unstoppable lol

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”