safety beach 28th & 29th nov

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
brycieboy

safety beach 28th & 29th nov

Post by brycieboy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:16 am

well i managed to get a few extra days off coming into the long weekend

Wednesday i launched at 8:30 from martha cove the wind was up a bit so it is still easy to launch and retrieve here by myself. i had no bait so the plan was to get some fresh bait for the next few days. unfortunately when i have a plan it seems not to work, wind was up a bit and i was back in by 11.

Thursday the weather looked better. i launched from safety beach at 5:30 and headed out. i was in around 19m. caught a few flathead around the 30cm mark that i put back. then another around 34cm that i ended up keeping. normally this would of been returned to, but after measuring it it jumped onto the floor. when i went to pick it up one of my other rods loaded up so that got the priority. unfortunatly it turned out to be a port jackson at about 75cm tho it crossed all my lines on the way up and had gut hooked itself. so i cut the leader on that at its mouth, cut all the other lines and pulled the mess in by hand after returning the shark. then i remembered the flatty. so that went into the bucket.

i then moved to my usual squid spot but had no luck, and the drift was a little fast. had trouble keeping a 3.5 down. so i moved to another spot where i picked up 2 on a pink and white 4.0 i then swapped to a smaller white 3.0 which seemed to work but i must of pulled a bit hard and only came up with a tenticle. it was good to catch something on my new squid combo for the first time.

it was now about 11:30 and the wind was expected to pick up a bit later so i headed to the ramp to call it a day.

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Re: safety beach 28th & 29th nov

Post by poodoo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:04 am

Nice report mate good to get out there and land a couple of fish.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: safety beach 28th & 29th nov

Post by Nude up » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:45 pm

I sounded a couple of ripper arches just out from the point where the entrance to martha's cove marina is on tue this week but it was very rough. plenty of flathead near the mussel farm to its a very nice area. the safety beach ramp is way to shallow though at any where near low tide

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”