mt martha 6/12

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
brycieboy

mt martha 6/12

Post by brycieboy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:57 pm

well my mate who i normally fish with is about to move away so we have been trying to get out as much as possible. We made the call to head out earlyish after checking the wind it looked the the boat was not an option. so we were going to go down to balnaring or somewhere as we havnt fished there before. the wind was onshore and conditions didnt look the best so we headed over to mt martha. We were both pretty annoyed when we got there and the water was dead flat. we decided to fish any way. after about an hour with no bits and no luck on a salmon school that swab by with every different colour and size lure i had and some incoming rain and thunder we decided to call it quits for the rocks and go get my boat.

we launched at martha cove and after a few trips between the boat and car we were on the water. (i forgot the fish finder, then half way down the marina i noticed we forgot the fry pan...) and a broken Catana we were on our way. once out the marina we put the metal lures back out and headed out along the rocks to see if we could find the salmon again. no luck on that, so we headed out to R1 marker and the weather got worse. thunder lightning, strong winds and a heap of chop.. i managed to sound up some fish and the anchor was in, 2 pinkies and 1 under sized in about 15 min and still getting bites the weather had got worse and the storm we above us we decided to head back in. unfortunatly as always once the boat was back on the trailer the water went flat again......

in the rain at the ramp

cure to the cold

back in after getting soaked.

back home.

tuna tube

Re: mt martha 6/12

Post by tuna tube » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:07 pm

That's dedication! Great post. Shame you didn't get a fish for your efforts

Edit. That should have read, "didn't get a BIG fish"
Last edited by tuna tube on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
The Tube

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:53 pm

got to be in it to win it
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Mate you get points for trying :a_goodjob:
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

dpunter

Post by dpunter » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:26 am

Tntm

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”