Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
User avatar
STriplett1997
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 pm
Location: South East Suburbs

Re: Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Postby STriplett1997 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:10 pm

Bayrock wrote:Dang Triplett you gotta get a good one soon



Learning curb, more experience the better. Haven’t been full on targeting them too long. The other night was the first session I’ve fished for them in the area I’ve wanted too. Hopefully soon the biggish one comes, I’ll keep going out until it does :thumbsup: :thumbsup



Remove these ads.

User avatar
STriplett1997
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 pm
Location: South East Suburbs

Re: Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Postby STriplett1997 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:18 pm

smile0784 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:Wheres the report Sammy? Been waiten allday yesterday to hear how you went. Seen you say you were down around 12 with a bite of....



Sorry mate bit late haha. No gummy, 5 Pinkies between 35-40 that I released they took fresh squid and had a good run but bit me off using a yakka head.. probably a mcgilla gorilla but I’d like to think a school shark :-D

Gotta keep trying I guess. It’s killing me


Probablya gorillad
5 pinkies not a bad effort


Mmm they keep you entertained. Strange.. whenever I’ve caught Snapper or even Whiting I’ve caught decent table gummies as a welcomed by catch.. and now I can’t seem to when I’m actually targeting them. All good things take time, I suppose I’m gettig a little impatient when I shouldn’t

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6950
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Postby smile0784 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:28 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:Wheres the report Sammy? Been waiten allday yesterday to hear how you went. Seen you say you were down around 12 with a bite of....



Sorry mate bit late haha. No gummy, 5 Pinkies between 35-40 that I released they took fresh squid and had a good run but bit me off using a yakka head.. probably a mcgilla gorilla but I’d like to think a school shark :-D

Gotta keep trying I guess. It’s killing me


Probablya gorillad
5 pinkies not a bad effort


Mmm they keep you entertained. Strange.. whenever I’ve caught Snapper or even Whiting I’ve caught decent table gummies as a welcomed by catch.. and now I can’t seem to when I’m actually targeting them. All good things take time, I suppose I’m gettig a little impatient when I shouldn’t


Lol murphies law. Go chase flathead and you mite get anothwr one

User avatar
Kimtown
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Re: Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Postby Kimtown » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:57 pm

Gummies are easier to catch through the colder months imo

User avatar
STriplett1997
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 pm
Location: South East Suburbs

Re: Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Postby STriplett1997 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:27 am

smile0784 wrote:I normally just take out of chilled water eski on the boat and quick drip off and into a freezer bag and strait into freezer.
If used within a month its like its almost fresh strait out of the water blood and all.


say i caught some salmon on thursday, but i intend on using them friday as bait.. how would you go about storing them? Should i still be Freezing them or not? or keep them in fridge nice and cold?

Bayrock
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:26 am

Re: Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Postby Bayrock » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:15 pm

No need to freeze if just overnight, just keep em in the fridge overnight



Remove these ads.

User avatar
STriplett1997
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 pm
Location: South East Suburbs

Re: Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Postby STriplett1997 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Bayrock wrote:No need to freeze if just overnight, just keep em in the fridge overnight



yeh i think so too..

cheers mate.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6950
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Postby smile0784 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:35 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
smile0784 wrote:I normally just take out of chilled water eski on the boat and quick drip off and into a freezer bag and strait into freezer.
If used within a month its like its almost fresh strait out of the water blood and all.


say i caught some salmon on thursday, but i intend on using them friday as bait.. how would you go about storing them? Should i still be Freezing them or not? or keep them in fridge nice and cold?


Just in cold water
No need to freezer

User avatar
STriplett1997
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 pm
Location: South East Suburbs

Re: Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Postby STriplett1997 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:46 pm

smile0784 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
smile0784 wrote:I normally just take out of chilled water eski on the boat and quick drip off and into a freezer bag and strait into freezer.
If used within a month its like its almost fresh strait out of the water blood and all.


say i caught some salmon on thursday, but i intend on using them friday as bait.. how would you go about storing them? Should i still be Freezing them or not? or keep them in fridge nice and cold?


Just in cold water
No need to freezer


what do you mean by in cold water?

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6950
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Postby smile0784 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:24 pm

When fishing day after day i just submursers the bait in water in a bucket and then put a 1.25lt frozen bottle in thw bottle in the bocket and it keeps it cold overnight and keep it in the shade.
So the smell doesnt go threw the freezer



Remove these ads.


Return to “Flinders to Hastings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests