Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Re: Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Post by A-a-ron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:46 pm

Anyone going balnarring beach this Friday/Saturday night for gummy? Not sure what the best time would be as low tide starts around 8pm and not familiar with the fishing in that area, any help please?

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 pm

A-a-ron wrote:Anyone going balnarring beach this Friday/Saturday night for gummy? Not sure what the best time would be as low tide starts around 8pm and not familiar with the fishing in that area, any help please?

I'm no expert with gummy shark fishing from the sand, but whenever ive caught a shark off the beach down that way its been with the conditions you'll have. However if its a south wind look out for the weed, becomes very annoying. A north wind is best. If it's dead low tide just before sunset i'd think thats a pretty good time to start fishing down that way. As the water starts to run in when the sun goes down it'll be an opportunistic time for Gummies to cruise up the shallows out of the deeper water to feed on crabs and other food sources. It's also a New Moon friday night. Get your hands on some fresh bait and just give it a go, beach fishing for gummies is a code needed to be worked out through trial and error :thumbsup:
Last edited by STriplett1997 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:24 pm

A-a-ron wrote:Anyone going balnarring beach this Friday/Saturday night for gummy? Not sure what the best time would be as low tide starts around 8pm and not familiar with the fishing in that area, any help please?
Give it a go and see how you go

A-a-ron

Post by A-a-ron » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:01 pm

No worries, cheers fellas. I’ll see how my night plans out tomorrow, got bit swamped tonight.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:07 pm

A-a-ron wrote:No worries, cheers fellas. I’ll see how my night plans out tomorrow, got bit swamped tonight.
Good luck if you give it a go tomorrow. Let us know how you go :thumbsup:

A-a-ron

Post by A-a-ron » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:58 pm

Lightningx wrote:
A-a-ron wrote:No worries, cheers fellas. I’ll see how my night plans out tomorrow, got bit swamped tonight.
Good luck if you give it a go tomorrow. Let us know how you go :thumbsup:
Will do mate fingers crossed they’re biting, cheers. :thumbsup:

A-a-ron

Post by A-a-ron » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:53 pm

No bites, was a bit of sea lice and when the tide started coming up it was collecting all the weeds on shore and was causing a nightmare. Was a Northey wind today but went to a south east wind late. Tried cured eel and squid. Some how had a line snap when casting out, just wasn’t my night, or day for that fact. Always next time.

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:57 am

Wheres the report Sammy? Been waiten allday yesterday to hear how you went. Seen you say you were down around 12 with a bite of....

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:50 am

A-a-ron wrote:No bites, was a bit of sea lice and when the tide started coming up it was collecting all the weeds on shore and was causing a nightmare. Was a Northey wind today but went to a south east wind late. Tried cured eel and squid. Some how had a line snap when casting out, just wasn’t my night, or day for that fact. Always next time.
We all have those days mate. Like you said always next time :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:44 am

A-a-ron wrote:No bites, was a bit of sea lice and when the tide started coming up it was collecting all the weeds on shore and was causing a nightmare. Was a Northey wind today but went to a south east wind late. Tried cured eel and squid. Some how had a line snap when casting out, just wasn’t my night, or day for that fact. Always next time.
Bugger at least you gave it a try
Good luck for next time

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”