Flinders pier Shark and Stingray

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
enrioray

Re: Flinders pier Shark and Stingray

Post by enrioray » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:53 pm

Nude up wrote:Great report you get around st kilda then flinders.
thanks mate! i will keep reporting my trip

Lajon

Post by Lajon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:24 pm

enrioray wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:Looks like a swell shark. They are a bloody pest and are everywhere down the south end of the port at this time of year.
Ive never seen gummies swim around pylons of piers before, are you sure they were gummies?
sorry for the late late reply.. been away for some times.. i did a bit of research and talked to a guy from compleat angler. and apparently it was not a gummy swimming around pylons. Cause the sharks the we can see swimming on the surface would be something like bronzie or bull shark or tiger shark. Maybe that was also the reason it wasnt interested in the eel bait
No chance it's a bull or a tiger. You won't find either in Vic waters

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:20 pm

Lajon wrote:
enrioray wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:Looks like a swell shark. They are a bloody pest and are everywhere down the south end of the port at this time of year.
Ive never seen gummies swim around pylons of piers before, are you sure they were gummies?
sorry for the late late reply.. been away for some times.. i did a bit of research and talked to a guy from compleat angler. and apparently it was not a gummy swimming around pylons. Cause the sharks the we can see swimming on the surface would be something like bronzie or bull shark or tiger shark. Maybe that was also the reason it wasnt interested in the eel bait
Not that I no the area but yes not a chance of a tiger. Bull and bronzies may aswell be the same fish.
But I have seen proof of a tiger in vic waters. And a monster tiger at that. A long, long way out but still vic waters.

enrioray

Post by enrioray » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:42 pm

Hosery wrote:
Lajon wrote:
enrioray wrote:
Not that I no the area but yes not a chance of a tiger. Bull and bronzies may aswell be the same fish.
But I have seen proof of a tiger in vic waters. And a monster tiger at that. A long, long way out but still vic waters.
i might be wrong tho. people who fish there at flinders never seen sharks swimming near the jetty. but that night, maybe it was a bronzie. cause bronzie is here in victoria for sure. what i know is that carpet sharks, banjo and all their lazy ass cousin stays on the bottom not swimming on the surface.

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”