PB Squid

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: PB Squid

Post by barra mick » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:24 pm

Scraglor wrote:
Nude up wrote:lol dougie a boat can access heaps of close in spots landbased anglers can not a little thought would not hurt
Very true, its just when they drift through LB anglers lines it annoys me. A boat is definitely an advantage though.
Boats great but so is been land based

But with a boat you can pull in and walk the bank...best of both worlds
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:29 pm

barra mick wrote:
Scraglor wrote:
Nude up wrote:lol dougie a boat can access heaps of close in spots landbased anglers can not a little thought would not hurt
Very true, its just when they drift through LB anglers lines it annoys me. A boat is definitely an advantage though.
Boats great but so is been land based

But with a boat you can pull in and walk the bank...best of both worlds
Very true :thumbsup:

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:14 am

Nice one mate. It's good to get them when they chase a fish up.

They really do look other worldly when they get really big. The one I got in the species Comp was 1 of 3 in a couple of hectic minutes. Drifting the sorrento moorings i had a humungous hit on my jig. Stripped about 5m of line and dropped off. I was spewing. A couple of jigs later and I was on. Drag legit getting pulled. Got it to the boat and there was another one behind it. Dropped the sleeper jig in front of it. It smashed it. Boated the first. Get the other one up and there's a 3rd behind that one. Dropped the original jig down and it hit it.

Was like 5kg of squid in seconds. Haha. Have had crazier bites with more squid but this one was special with 3 over 42cm in a row.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:05 pm

ducky wrote:Nice one mate. It's good to get them when they chase a fish up.

They really do look other worldly when they get really big. The one I got in the species Comp was 1 of 3 in a couple of hectic minutes. Drifting the sorrento moorings i had a humungous hit on my jig. Stripped about 5m of line and dropped off. I was spewing. A couple of jigs later and I was on. Drag legit getting pulled. Got it to the boat and there was another one behind it. Dropped the sleeper jig in front of it. It smashed it. Boated the first. Get the other one up and there's a 3rd behind that one. Dropped the original jig down and it hit it.

Was like 5kg of squid in seconds. Haha. Have had crazier bites with more squid but this one was special with 3 over 42cm in a row.
Yeah, the big squid really do pull some string. First big one I got was on a sleeper jig in a rod holder. The rod buckled over and started losing line. I thought the anchor had pulled and I was snagged at first, until I realised the other lines were fine. Good fun once they get over 35cm. I've caught a few around that now, but yet to break the 40cm mark. Gonna give it a crack tomorrow!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:14 pm

Good luck with the big one tomorrow mate! Hope you crack that 40 :)

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”