Tyabb and Yaringa 16th Dec

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
seephil
Has liked: 37 times

Tyabb and Yaringa 16th Dec

Post by seephil » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:29 am

Haven't had much of a chance to go fishing recently, but had the day off on Wednesday and knowing it might be my last chance to fish this year, i couldn't resist heading out. My house mate and i had a bit of a sleep in and launched at 8am in search of fresh squid for bait at Tyabb bank. after 3 donut filled drifts, i thought to myself... this isn't a good sign. On our 4th drift, my housemate managed to tangle his bait rod(sitting in the rod holder out the back) and squid rod(casting at the front of the boat), i suspect he was too busy on his phone. :rofl: While untangling his two lines, i grabbed his bait rod to try and retrieve some line to where the tangles started, i noticed some headshakes... long and behold i caught my first ever pike, measured at 75cm. A few more drifts, we only managed to bag 2 squids, enough for bait.

Ventured out to the main channel and anchored in 12mt of water, burley cage in the water, chopped pillies floating in the current, we were onto a few pinkies and fatties. Nothing worth keeping anything we persisted in the same spot. We all know WPB can produce a mixed bag, and seeing we didn't really want to target anything in particular we just enjoyed staying out on the water. Suddenly my rod buckled over and line starts strips off i hastily strikes and pulled in a nice fat 43cm KGW :a_goodjob: . I haven't caught and tasted KGW in over a year, so was pretty stoked.

Decided to pull anchor an hour later and try somewhere else. Again the ritual begins, burley up, bait rods, and anticipate the next bite. My rod started going off again and i thought i was being plagued by more pinkies, with aggressive headshakes. However i was amazed to pull in countless puffer fish :o_0: . Well in-between the many annoying puffers, i managed a few more KGW.

Nothing much to brag about this time, but overall still, a 10/10 day for us and sure beats staying at home...
Attachments
20151216_140839.jpg
Cleaning time

cahoona
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Tyabb and Yaringa 16th Dec

Post by cahoona » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:03 am

You got a nice feed there its great to get out on the water and spend the day
cheers
Allan

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:19 pm

A good days fishing you guys had, nice variety of fish :thumbsup:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:52 pm

Typical WPB mixed bag, should be a nice feed for a few nights.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:49 pm

Some nice fish there will cook up nice

seephil
Has liked: 37 times

Post by seephil » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:23 am

Cheers fellas. Yeah we were feasting on fresh fish that night.

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”