A short vid series about scouting.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: A short vid series about scouting.

Post by DougieK » Thu May 28, 2015 11:44 am

Flathead37 wrote:Don't give em all up Doug ;) ;)

I haven't even fished there so I have no idea if it's even viable. Quite happy to post photos from cliff i'm standing on top off. If the report read "got a dozen land based kings and three tuna" I probably wouldn't mention a location.

This is more an insight into what goes through my mind when i'm scouting spots, and quite honestly only happened cos I had half a day spare and my shoulders were killing me from a big weekend of spinning.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Flathead37

Post by Flathead37 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:10 pm

No worries Doug, those cliffs are very dangerous so be carefull when walking around the edges .Sometimes see sheep at the bottom that have been eating grass to close to the edge and splat .And try not to break any fences . the old sheep cockies won't be impressed Cheers Mick :thumbsup:

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Thu May 28, 2015 12:16 pm

Flathead37 wrote:No worries Doug, those cliffs are very dangerous so be carefull when walking around the edges .Sometimes see sheep at the bottom that have been eating grass to close to the edge and splat .And try not to break any fences . the old sheep cockies won't be impressed Cheers Mick :thumbsup:

Nah mate, all respect for people's property here.

There's a weird looking structure at the end of that creek, looks like someone has tried to build a little house or something that's been smashed apart. I was looking at some of the hoof prints less than 6 inches from the side of a 100mish drop onto rocks, cows either mighty brave or mighty stupid.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu May 28, 2015 4:18 pm

DougieK wrote:
Flathead37 wrote:No worries Doug, those cliffs are very dangerous so be carefull when walking around the edges .Sometimes see sheep at the bottom that have been eating grass to close to the edge and splat .And try not to break any fences . the old sheep cockies won't be impressed Cheers Mick :thumbsup:

Nah mate, all respect for people's property here.

There's a weird looking structure at the end of that creek, looks like someone has tried to build a little house or something that's been smashed apart. I was looking at some of the hoof prints less than 6 inches from the side of a 100mish drop onto rocks, cows either mighty brave or mighty stupid.
"cows either mighty brave or mighty stupid"

:rofl: Go fishing for fish and come home with 8 kilo of T-bone ! Bargain ! :rofl:
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Flathead37

Post by Flathead37 » Thu May 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Yeah I think stupid ,the foxes must love it down there. Access down to the rocks is difficult but there are some spots if your not afraid of heights. Am out of action at the moment due to some surgery on my hand , 6 weeks till I can fish again the Doc says :cry: but will meet up with you down the track and go for a spin if your interested. Sounds like you and your mate carl are very keen spinmen Cheers Mick :thumbsup:

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Thu May 28, 2015 7:10 pm

Flathead37 wrote: but will meet up with you down the track and go for a spin if your interested. Sounds like you and your mate carl are very keen spinmen Cheers Mick :thumbsup:
I dunno Mick you might figure out I have no idea what i'm doing and am succeeding through sheer application. Would love to have a spin someday and pick your brain about a few things, i've only been doing this for a couple of years so i'm still learning the difference between the seasons and where and when to target things.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Flathead37

Post by Flathead37 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:23 am

The only way you get good at something is to keep going it , A bit of a cliché I know but it's true, look forward to having a fish with you when my hand is healed :thumbsup: Cheers Mick

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Fri May 29, 2015 11:47 am

Flathead37 wrote:The only way you get good at something is to keep going it , A bit of a cliché I know but it's true, look forward to having a fish with you when my hand is healed :thumbsup: Cheers Mick
5% knowledge, 15% skill, 80% pure determination.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri May 29, 2015 12:37 pm

DougieK wrote:
Flathead37 wrote:The only way you get good at something is to keep going it , A bit of a cliché I know but it's true, look forward to having a fish with you when my hand is healed :thumbsup: Cheers Mick
+100% money blown on exciting new toys
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Fri May 29, 2015 1:48 pm

4liters wrote:
DougieK wrote:
+100% money blown on exciting new toys

I dont' have any money......

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Return to “Cape Schanck”