Patto river nice bream

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Patto river nice bream

Post by sasquatch972 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:26 pm

yeah pattos been doing good this year, went down there about 2 weeks ago and took my parents for their first time fishing in years...got a few bream and a heap of decent bites... one was 30cm but still threw it back and 2 undersized with one around 25cm and a baby about 10cm...also did manage a 40cm short finned eel.... all fish returned though.
still not bad for about 4-5 hours fishing... peeled prawns and a running sinker seem to be the best rig for that place.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Adamgraham wrote:Was fishing about 50 mts from the mouth at around 3pm for 2 hrs before catching this 36cm little ripper with a peeled prawn tail on a running sinker rig with a small long shank hook, first bream for about 2 years so pretty stoked, could see a few mullet around aswell but could not hook up.

nice fish !!!
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

ChrisTaylor
Has liked: 27 times

Post by ChrisTaylor » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:50 am

Nice.

I went to the Patterson for a couple of hours last night. First time there. Caught a very large quantity of nothing. Saw, in the water--I'd thrown some burley in--a few fish that I suspect were undersized bream. No bites/nibbles, though. Lost some bait (prawns) but probably to the current. Some guys just down from where I was fishing pulled in a couple of bream but got nothing else in the time that I was there.

JAYC

Post by JAYC » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:43 pm

Nice fish mate. Hope to get down there myself some time this week. Its been too long. Cheers for the report mate

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Well done buddy that's a very nice bream
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”