patto river spots

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

patto river spots

Post by e.welch » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:56 pm

hi i was wondering if anyone new any good place for catching keeper fish on the patto river and lakes ive been at the mouth there was a ton of baitfish and baby snapper a guy caught a 12 cm flathead but not much was caught :down: would like some spots that are good for fishing for me to try. :water:

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Re: patto river spots

Post by Bayrock » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:14 pm

I’m following this one.. keen to try for mulloway with shore slow jigging along the patto

Sebb
Has liked: 2997 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Plenty of undersized fish this time of year.
In. Sometimes there's aussie salmon in the mouth.
Mornington pier, frankston pier, all are good spots. But gotta go in the right time of the year for the bigger ones to play.
Get one of this book, helped me a lot.
Attachments
rps20190407_202304.jpg
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

e.welch

Post by e.welch » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:01 pm

thanks i will try!! i've heard that up the patto river there is mulloway they just are hard to find

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:01 am

There are people who regularly catch mulloway there but they are very committed to it, they are not easy to catch. They generally fish through the night and use live mullet as bait since that's what mulloway are in the river to hunt.

Flathead can be caught from the mouth right up almost to the end of the carpark. Stand on the end of the north rockwall while the tide is falling and fan your casts in a circle. The sandbar running under the bridges on the north bank is another good spot, especially upstream of the bridges.

Small salmon regularly hang around the mouth, especially after heavy rains, you can catch them on 10g slugs off the rockwall.

Bream are there but mostly in the lake system which you can't get into without a boat, you can catch them in the river but it's very hard.

If you want to catch mullet for bait, go right up to the shallows in front of the Wells Road bridge and berley hard with a fine berley.

Above Wells road and the freeway bridge, by the watersports centre there are heaps of carp.

Good Luck.

e.welch

Post by e.welch » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:05 am

ok thanks next time ill try burley to catch some mullet for bait and try for some flathead.

A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Post by A-a-ron » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:09 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:23 pm
Mornington pier, frankston pier, all are good spots. But gotta go in the right time of the year for the bigger ones to play.

Great book, recommend it.

A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Post by A-a-ron » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:11 pm

Aaron75 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:01 am
There are people who regularly catch mulloway there but they are very committed to it, they are not easy to catch. They generally fish through the night and use live mullet as bait since that's what mulloway are in the river to hunt.

Flathead can be caught from the mouth right up almost to the end of the carpark. Stand on the end of the north rockwall while the tide is falling and fan your casts in a circle. The sandbar running under the bridges on the north bank is another good spot, especially upstream of the bridges.

Small salmon regularly hang around the mouth, especially after heavy rains, you can catch them on 10g slugs off the rockwall.

Bream are there but mostly in the lake system which you can't get into without a boat, you can catch them in the river but it's very hard.

If you want to catch mullet for bait, go right up to the shallows in front of the Wells Road bridge and berley hard with a fine berley.

Above Wells road and the freeway bridge, by the watersports centre there are heaps of carp.

Good Luck.
Bread Crumbs and tuna oil best bet? Reckon they’ll be around this time of year too? Cheers.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:42 pm

A-a-ron wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:09 pm
Seb85 wrote:

X2

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:49 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:42 pm
A-a-ron wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:09 pm
Seb85 wrote:

X2
I remember when I first got a copy of that book I was very excited :) tried sooo many places from there :)

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”