fishing in kananook

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

fishing in kananook

Post by e.welch » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:51 am

hi im new to the forum just wondering if anyone has any advice for fishing in kananook creek or of seaford pier? i have fished of mornington so i was thinking maybe try the same paternoster and use soft plastics whilst waiting would really appreciate some advice on what to do.

ango

Re: fishing in kananook

Post by ango » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:03 pm

I have seen plenty of bream in Kananook, mostly between the highway bridge & Coats walk, but that's because its where I mostly do my walking to stay fit. Seeing bream & catching them are two different things, I have had a couple of goes but no success so far, other guys recon they have caught them, maybe a float with prawns for bait, or a paternoster rig so the bait does not get lost in the weeds. Just be careful, there are plenty of tiger & brown snakes around.
Cheers
Ango.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:18 pm

I have caught plenty of nice gars off Seaford pier :P

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:22 pm

thanks, i went to kananook got dragged into the weed but the fish got away and i caught a toadfish. all on a paternoster with squid for bait. went down Frankston and caught a 20cm snapper and got a few big bites under the jetty all on the paternoster with squid. i tried some soft plastics got one follow from a small bay trout of Frankston jetty. biting stopped when the wind went. i checked seaford there were a few very small bait fish but no gars.

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”