Wild winds for salmon of Frankston?

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
FishHunter81

Wild winds for salmon of Frankston?

Post by FishHunter81 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:34 am

Hi guys. Just wondering if any LB fishos have seen or heard any salmon action around frankston area. With the wild winds predicted and a westerly I was thinking of flicking some slugs off frankston pier Sunday as I heard that when the winds are on its a good time to try for them. Cheers

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Re: Wild winds for salmon of Frankston?

Post by STriplett1997 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:38 am

Think you’ll have to wait a couple months for the salmon to roll on thick. I’m no expert though

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:13 am

about another month and I’ll start targeting them regularly.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:24 pm

FishHunter81 wrote:Hi guys. Just wondering if any LB fishos have seen or heard any salmon action around frankston area. With the wild winds predicted and a westerly I was thinking of flicking some slugs off frankston pier Sunday as I heard that when the winds are on its a good time to try for them. Cheers
It can be a great time for not only salmon, but snapper as well.

rodderslw

Post by rodderslw » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:13 pm

FishHunter81 wrote:Hi guys. Just wondering if any LB fishos have seen or heard any salmon action around frankston area. With the wild winds predicted and a westerly I was thinking of flicking some slugs off frankston pier Sunday as I heard that when the winds are on its a good time to try for them. Cheers
Worth a try. I remember having a great session there years ago when the wind was 30 knots. Try the first gutter at the start of the pier. If I get the time I might try for pinkies around black rock tomorrow.

FishHunter81

Post by FishHunter81 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanks. Yeah when I've fished frankston pier I've mainly fished the end. When there's been a strong westerly I've seen ppl fishing half way. I'll try and find the gutter although with rough weather its hard to see it. I'll check google earth to see. Thanks again

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:58 pm

FishHunter81 wrote:Thanks. Yeah when I've fished frankston pier I've mainly fished the end. When there's been a strong westerly I've seen ppl fishing half way. I'll try and find the gutter although with rough weather its hard to see it. I'll check google earth to see. Thanks again
I might pop down for 30 mins or so in the morning before brekky. i'll stick my purple beanie on if you need some advice with channels etc, come say hi :)

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:33 am

Did you have any luck?

rodderslw

Post by rodderslw » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:10 am

How did you go?

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:32 am

rodderslw wrote:
How did you go?

not the OP, but I did do a run down to Mornington to see if it was fishable on Sunday morning sun-up... wind was still way up and it looked too dangerous for my liking. So I stopped at Frankston at about 7.30am on the way back towards town... There must of been about 5 fisho's wintered up and braving the wild weather, I'm glad I took the effort to gear up and have a go....went home with 7 salmon, though they went off the bite around 10.30am.

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”