Wild winds for salmon of Frankston?

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Wild winds for salmon of Frankston?

Post by Lightningx » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:55 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:
rodderslw wrote:
FishHunter81 wrote:Hi guys. Just wondering if any LB fishos have seen or heard any salmon action around frankston area. With the wild winds predicted and a westerly I was thinking of flicking some slugs off frankston pier Sunday as I heard that when the winds are on its a good time to try for them. Cheers
How did you go?

not the OP, but I did do a run down to Mornington to see if it was fishable on Sunday morning sun-up... wind was still way up and it looked too dangerous for my liking. So I stopped at Frankston at about 7.30am on the way back towards town... There must of been about 5 fisho's wintered up and braving the wild weather, I'm glad I took the effort to gear up and have a go....went home with 7 salmon, though they went off the bite around 10.30am.
Thanks for the update mate.
Nice bag of sambos. They bay trout size ones?

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:45 pm

Lightningx wrote:
StarrangerAU wrote:
rodderslw wrote:
FishHunter81 wrote:Hi guys. Just wondering if any LB fishos have seen or heard any salmon action around frankston area. With the wild winds predicted and a westerly I was thinking of flicking some slugs off frankston pier Sunday as I heard that when the winds are on its a good time to try for them. Cheers
How did you go?

not the OP, but I did do a run down to Mornington to see if it was fishable on Sunday morning sun-up... wind was still way up and it looked too dangerous for my liking. So I stopped at Frankston at about 7.30am on the way back towards town... There must of been about 5 fisho's wintered up and braving the wild weather, I'm glad I took the effort to gear up and have a go....went home with 7 salmon, though they went off the bite around 10.30am.
Yes all 20cm+, no big'uns which was disappointing.
For those interested, all caught on Pillies with a Bleeding Pilly Flasher.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:21 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
StarrangerAU wrote:
rodderslw wrote:
How did you go?

You get them on bait or lures?

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:43 pm

Lightningx wrote:
StarrangerAU wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
StarrangerAU wrote:
rodderslw wrote:
How did you go?

You get them on bait or lures?

The Black Magic Bleeding Pilly flasher jig...plus with a bit of filletted pilly on the hook.
Water was pretty stirred up and needed something to get their attention

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”