Patterson River Spots and Rigs Help

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
FishHunter81

Patterson River Spots and Rigs Help

Post by FishHunter81 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi guys,
Thinking about going off the patto river to avoid the high winds today, but have never fished here. Any suggestions for good spots and what rigs is best and species. I don't want to waste my time with snags all afternoon lol.
Cheers.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Patterson River Spots and Rigs Help

Post by Basti » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:17 pm

Bream is probably the main target, followed by mullet and salmon if they're around. Occasional flattie. Sometimes pinkies and snapper push into the river on a high tide

brybry

Post by brybry » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:05 pm

After recent rains, I expect there is a lot of dirty fresh being pushed down the river. When it's like this, your best bet is around the mouth. Try earthworms, freshwater yabbies, or smelly prawns or mussels. Bream get pushed down to the mouth and will hang around there until it clears. There are some big units amongst them.

nooga27

Post by nooga27 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Hey fellas,
ended up at St Leonards on thursday night - only bites were from some huge banjos but theyre not for me!
Heaps of squid around though and gars roaming around the big light.

Went to Barwon the next day but it was raining so i was at sheepwash instead of the mouth so i could sit in my car :| Donuts for me at Barwon but always enjoy fishing there!

Cheers
Nick
Red sky at night, Fisherman's delight

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”