Fishing Report 31/3, 1/4

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
Daisymuffin

Fishing Report 31/3, 1/4

Post by Daisymuffin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Went to frankston pier last night hoping for some salmon but alas there was none. Spent hours casting into the wind until i decided fk it i'll just look for some fish under the lighting. Whilst doing so I decided to throw out some SP's hoping for some flatties and when i was retrieving one of the casts i noticed a squid was aggressively chasin it so i changed to a jig but alas it was not meant to be.

Tonight I went again just before high tide and there were people reeling in lots of pinkies and so i decided to change from my halco twisty to an SP (no bait) but on the 5th cast in the midst of all the fish being caught (not by me) my leader snapped (10lb nylon leader, 6lb mono...idk why) and from that moment on i knew it was not meant to be. And so I again went to the shallows casting SP's hoping for some flatties and I saw one under the light and thus I dropped my lure near it hoping to entice it with a few hops but it went away GRRRRRRRR. After this, i decided to fish the creek mouth and a lil bit further up for some flatties with SP but yeah nah donuts. That's it for my report

Question: How often are flathead caught on SP's on the southern end of PPB? Are they present near the gutters at high tide or do they move deeper? I feel like the water is too cold anyway for the but I would really like to get one

Daisymuffin

Re: Fishing Report 31/3, 1/4

Post by Daisymuffin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:34 pm

oh and how often do people fish the creek? any success??! thanks in advance

Daisymuffin

Post by Daisymuffin » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:40 pm

whoaa slow down there fellas i can only read so many replies at once

johnnycjay
Has liked: 1 time

Post by johnnycjay » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:17 pm

If you want Salmon I suggest you get Pippies and use a standard paternoster rig and fish the gutters half way down the jetty. Don't get Servo pippies, go to the best fishing store you can find and get SA ones that are reasonably fresh. Don't expect to land 4kg monsters, yes they are in the bay but it's a 1/10 chance of finding them off a jetty. With Bait you will be probably bat 6/10 on smaller Salmon in the 30cm range. These guys are fun to catch and great to eat.

Hope that helps!

Oh and if it's Northerly forget it. West or South west is the best :-)

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”