Newish to sw and want a few suggestions for around Oliver's hill.

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8546
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Newish to sw and want a few suggestions for around Oliver's hill.

Postby Lightningx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:26 pm

Tangles_1 wrote:I was actually hoping for whiting, had a good feed from Mornington the other day

Nice catch! :thumbsup: I've been getting some nice whiting down that way as well recently :)



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Tangles_1
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:38 pm
Location: Ferntree Gully

Re: Newish to sw and want a few suggestions for around Oliver's hill.

Postby Tangles_1 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Thanks. Tasty little buggers.

Bar002811
Rank: King George Whiting
Rank: King George Whiting
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:58 am

Re: Newish to sw and want a few suggestions for around Oliver's hill.

Postby Bar002811 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:03 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Tangles_1 wrote:I was actually hoping for whiting, had a good feed from Mornington the other day

Nice catch! :thumbsup: I've been getting some nice whiting down that way as well recently :)

Hey bro do you mean mornington pier or rocks or beach :)

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8546
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Newish to sw and want a few suggestions for around Oliver's hill.

Postby Lightningx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:04 pm

Tangles_1 wrote:Thanks. Tasty little buggers.

I totally agree mate :thumbsup:

Bar002811
Rank: King George Whiting
Rank: King George Whiting
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:58 am

Re: Newish to sw and want a few suggestions for around Oliver's hill.

Postby Bar002811 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:06 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Tangles_1 wrote:Thanks. Tasty little buggers.

I totally agree mate :thumbsup:

Pinkies mate its the season

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8546
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Newish to sw and want a few suggestions for around Oliver's hill.

Postby Lightningx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:10 pm

Bar002811 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Tangles_1 wrote:Thanks. Tasty little buggers.

I totally agree mate :thumbsup:

Pinkies mate its the season

Yes it's pinkies time but I usually do alright with the whitings as well at this time of the year and into April as well :thumbsup:



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Tangles_1
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:38 pm
Location: Ferntree Gully

Re: Newish to sw and want a few suggestions for around Oliver's hill.

Postby Tangles_1 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:34 pm

Bar002811 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Tangles_1 wrote:I was actually hoping for whiting, had a good feed from Mornington the other day

Nice catch! :thumbsup: I've been getting some nice whiting down that way as well recently :)

Hey bro do you mean mornington pier or rocks or beach :)



I mean the pier. Have been getting pinkies there as well but not very big. I wouldn't complain if I got some off the rocks at Oliver's haha. Hopefully when I have a god session there I will.

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8546
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Newish to sw and want a few suggestions for around Oliver's hill.

Postby Lightningx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:35 pm

Tangles_1 wrote:
Bar002811 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Tangles_1 wrote:I was actually hoping for whiting, had a good feed from Mornington the other day

Nice catch! :thumbsup: I've been getting some nice whiting down that way as well recently :)

Hey bro do you mean mornington pier or rocks or beach :)



I mean the pier. Have been getting pinkies there as well but not very big. I wouldn't complain if I got some off the rocks at Oliver's haha. Hopefully when I have a god session there I will.

I haven't caught pinkies from there before but squid I have.

User avatar
Tangles_1
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:38 pm
Location: Ferntree Gully

Re: Newish to sw and want a few suggestions for around Oliver's hill.

Postby Tangles_1 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:38 pm

Yeah we get squid there, not huge but taste good. Biggest pinky we got was about 30 but have seen bigger but most of the ones people pull in are little.

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8546
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Newish to sw and want a few suggestions for around Oliver's hill.

Postby Lightningx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:40 pm

Tangles_1 wrote:Yeah we get squid there, not huge but taste good. Biggest pinky we got was about 30 but have seen bigger but most of the ones people pull in are little.

Yea the ones I got weren't very big but ok for a feed. I got killed by micro pinkies from the rocks at mount Martha on Saturday arvo lol not one size one. :down:



Remove these ads.


Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests