Floundering around

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Floundering around

Post by Scraglor » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:03 am

Hi guys,

I have a spear, light and waders, but never really given them much of a crack, and never caught anything with them.

Im planning to give it a bit of a bash this coming warmer season, so I will keep you guys posted, as I dont really see many reports come up of this style of fishing. Im planning to try around Frankston, might venture further afield to the bay at Mornington, or maybe up to Mordi. Im thinking it might be worth a poke around balnarring beach too.

All I need now is too wait for a calm night. Any tips would be great!

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Floundering around

Post by Basti » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:22 am

I've seen a few guys do their thing at the beach next to blairgowrie marina.

snorkly

Post by snorkly » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:44 am

last season I've tried at northern PPB, on first night went out for garfish with net and flounder light. Garfish were too small but I gotta 43cm. flathead with net and seen lots of flounder and good size flathead. So few nights later came back with spear and got 3 flounders and 2 more flatheads around 40-45cm. Key is moving slowly in the water and not pointing the light to far out. Good luck on your next session.

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:50 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. Yeah, I have heard down Blairgowrie way was pretty good, as well as further north, however I was sorta hoping it would be productive closer to home (Frankston)

If not I guess I will just have to go for a bit of a drive. Not the end of the world.

AE092
Has liked: 5 times

Post by AE092 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:44 am

I tried at the start of the year around blairgowrie with mixed results, mostly small garfish/squid and octopus. Great for snapper bait but alot of work that's for sure

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:44 pm

There was a floundering thread on here earlier this year... or was that late last year ? had a lot of good info from memory..
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:15 pm

hornet wrote:There was a floundering thread on here earlier this year... or was that late last year ? had a lot of good info from memory..
Yeah, I think I posted in it. I had a quick look for it cos I was just going to post in that thread, thought it might have disappeared with the recent forum changes. To be honest I didn't look overly hard so I might have missed it.

But yeah, it was full of good info, I wouldn't mind going thru it again. Might have another look.

bilby

Post by bilby » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:31 pm

I've caught flounder on the flats at Marlo before using a pawning net - just dig it in under the fish and slowly lift. I'm not sure if it's the easiest method, but works for me!

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:10 pm

Scraglor wrote:
hornet wrote:There was a floundering thread on here earlier this year... or was that late last year ? had a lot of good info from memory..
Yeah, I think I posted in it. I had a quick look for it cos I was just going to post in that thread, thought it might have disappeared with the recent forum changes. To be honest I didn't look overly hard so I might have missed it.

But yeah, it was full of good info, I wouldn't mind going thru it again. Might have another look.
See if you can find it here: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=site ... 3&ie=UTF-8
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:04 pm

4liters wrote:
Scraglor wrote:

See if you can find it here: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=site ... 3&ie=UTF-8
Cheers mate, forgot about the google site search function. Im sure it will be in there.

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”