st kilda pier report

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
nick

st kilda pier report

Post by nick » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:52 pm

just got back from st kilda pier fished from 4.45pm till 8pm and picked up 11 pinkies ranging from (legal to 35 cm) on the tide change dead low. wind was an easterly which was weird that we got so many considering the wind. im not complaining

tried fishing the new landing where the marina is but no luck so moved to the right of the railings near the kiosk cast towards where the penguins are where all the boats are moored up. try to get in between the two boats or close to them . didnt get one undersized fish. cut up pilchards for burley and casted into the area 2 hook paternoster rig with 1/0 circles one pilchard should get three cubes maybe four if there a big bigger, dont use the tails.

hope this helps. the place is now packed with people who moved right over where i was fishing and tried to take my spot as i was removing fish from hook and baiting up. but its worth trying early morning or now if you can get down.

word from the guys i see every year down there a massive school came through last night guys were taking multiple bag limits and i heard of a family getting well over 100. i wish people would obey the regultaions but thats another topic.

last night was big southerlies and easterlys in the morning and i heard the bite lasted from the sat afternoon till 7 this morning.

get down there when you can but especially on the southerlies as the pinkies will fire up. it a late start to the season but i hope its a long one.

i look forward to hearing some reports and wish i could put up more but dont get to fish too much anymore.

good luck and tight lines and make sure you fish with a loose drag as the fish were hitting real hard and pulling line could have lost a few rods tonight.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: st kilda pier report

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:58 pm

nice work Nick well done
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:01 pm

I was thinking of heading to kerfed rd pier.....maybe if i go ill check.out st kilda ..wonder if it will be packed around midnight.
good report. :thumbsup:
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

nick

Post by nick » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:09 pm

shouldnt be packed as it is a school night and most of us have to sleep. hope you have some luck and get your bag limit high tides around then. most of the times i hear of the big number catches from st kilda is between 10pm to 2am. im going to sleep now.

good luck

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Great report mate!
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Allan tarr

Post by Allan tarr » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:23 pm

good report

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”