Port Melbourne - Webb Dock rocks

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Port Melbourne - Webb Dock rocks

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:02 pm

poodoo wrote:
raco09 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:had some luck on bream there before but they are now gone. Breamster caught them all.

Nice spot for landing something nice :lol:. I can guarantee your catch of star fish to decorate your christmas tree.
From memory isn't that where you bagged out on starfish FC? Lol :D
I think he decorated one of the trees there with star fish! :mrgreen:
see? even on star fish category, I outfished you. :haha2: I hate that place. Too much star fish! :angry:

I saw you bagged a few, did you put the biggest one on the tip of your Xmas tree?
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
poodoo wrote:
raco09 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:had some luck on bream there before but they are now gone. Breamster caught them all.

Nice spot for landing something nice :lol:. I can guarantee your catch of star fish to decorate your christmas tree.
see? even on star fish category, I outfished you. :haha2: I hate that place. Too much star fish! :angry:

I saw you bagged a few, did you put the biggest one on the tip of your Xmas tree?
Quality over quantity any day mate! :tongue:

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
poodoo wrote:
raco09 wrote:

Sure did. I kept a few extra for the neighbours. :thumbsup:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:28 am

raco09 wrote: Sure did. I kept a few extra for the neighbours. :thumbsup:
i hope you dried them and bleached them afterwards. They stink a lot. :thumbsup: :roflmao:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

kenshinnn

Post by kenshinnn » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:26 am

Ive fished there before, i mean alot of times!
Along the straight line where theres little platform for u to fish, or even the rocks from those platforms. I've caught Black Breams on bass yabby.
Walk all the way down to the bend (pretty far walk), and fished along there. I've caught Pinkis, Flatheads, Australian Salman, Banjo shark (think thats what theyre called)Mullets and heaps of star fish!!!.
I use mostly Pilchards.

BTW probably 30% of the time i go there, i get no bite! lol

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Ive fished all of those spots a fair bit without much luck. Usually late afternoon to early evening. Ive never tried dawn but will give it a go one day. I have seen some guys catching pinkies about 100m along the rock wall (WAY before the bend). They were using long very thin rods (about 10' long) with very light gear. There seemed to be a bunch of guys trying to get into the same spot, so im guessing there is a gutter or drop off around that spot that might hold more fish than the rest of the wall. Ive never walked all the way to the bend.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Loumav

Post by Loumav » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:47 am

Hi all,
Went to Webb dock yesterday afternoon after the storm went through. My nephew and I watched the storms go through and set off at 5.00 pm. High tide was at 6.30pm so we were there just in time for the change. We were surprised to see the car park empty just past the yacht club. The rain had passed and the sun was out. Can only guess that people packed up and left prior to the storms. We walked out to the bend and cast out using 3 rods each and a variety of baits. (pipis, blue bait, prawns and squid) We were getting hits straight off the bat, with bells constantly ringing. (driving us nuts) Andrew caught 4 little under sized pinkies which were all thrown back in and i got a couple of good hits which ended in snags. We put on larger hooks to try detter the little ones but had no luck apart from feeding them. Anyway we were happy we were busy throughout the session as opposed to every other time we have been to this spot. For the record we were getting hits on all the bait being used. It started to get quiet an hour prior to us leaving.
Cheers to all and happy fishing
Lou

kenshinnn

Post by kenshinnn » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:58 pm

unlimited 10cm pinkies there atm..

BigJ

Post by BigJ » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:46 pm

I fished there a week ago and never got any small ones. Only got one pinkie at 35cm.
Fishing Victoria Species Comp: 46 cms

Salmon 46cm

fooie69

Post by fooie69 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Was around the corner 2days ago during the day n caught a decent bream using pilchards but that was about it.. only had one other bite besides the bream.

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”