St Kilda Pier

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
hskim00

Re: St Kilda Pier

Post by hskim00 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Fish-cador wrote:anywhere past the shed is good. A lot of weeds at the moment due to the waves.
Hi FC! Just wondering how u handle your gears when fishing the breakwall in rough weather conditions. After having my first serious crack there in St Kilda last night I noticed that there is a fair distance from the top to the bottom where it is met with water. This made me so difficult to retrieve the line, especially when it reached near the bottom and waves were coming over half of the structure. I actually ended up losing a few tackles to rocks. Did u have any special knowledge and techniques to prevent these painful events?

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 pm

hskim00 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:anywhere past the shed is good. A lot of weeds at the moment due to the waves.
Hi FC! Just wondering how u handle your gears when fishing the breakwall in rough weather conditions. After having my first serious crack there in St Kilda last night I noticed that there is a fair distance from the top to the bottom where it is met with water. This made me so difficult to retrieve the line, especially when it reached near the bottom and waves were coming over half of the structure. I actually ended up losing a few tackles to rocks. Did u have any special knowledge and techniques to prevent these painful events?
in those rough conditions, the trick is don't fish the up near the breakwall.

Fishing in terrible weather conditions can be a pain in the a$$ from the rocks Bangg
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Tonyzee

Post by Tonyzee » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Bit off track here but parking costs at Mordialloc?

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:49 pm

i dont fish the rocks. I fish the concrete area.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Fish-cador wrote:i dont fish the rocks. I fish the concrete area.
Hey FC thinking of hitting St. Kilda this week with high tide around sunset, just wondering what your local has produced lately in regards to the reds :)
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:05 pm

last trip was last Friday targeting bream. Got a few bites, one hook up but nothing landed. No red/pink fish lately. They must be spawning now. Flatties are still there. Saw some anglers lifted a few but I havent chased them in the last 2 weeks. I have enough in the fridge.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Raulfc7

Post by Raulfc7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Fish-cador wrote:last trip was last Friday targeting bream. Got a few bites, one hook up but nothing landed. No red/pink fish lately. They must be spawning now. Flatties are still there. Saw some anglers lifted a few but I havent chased them in the last 2 weeks. I have enough in the fridge.
Do the reds go off the bite when they are spawning?
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:
would you eat while doing the same thing? :crazy: :crazy: :roflmao: :roflmao: :lolf:

yes they do go off the bite and they also go the spawning grounds away from the piers. Boat fishos find them frustrating when the fishfinder screen shows christmas trees but wont get a bite.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Raulfc7

Post by Raulfc7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote:
would you eat while doing the same thing? :crazy: :crazy: :roflmao: :roflmao: :lolf:

yes they do go off the bite and they also go the spawning grounds away from the piers. Boat fishos find them frustrating when the fishfinder screen shows christmas trees but wont get a bite.
I prefer a cigarette rather then food :lolf:

CremeDeLaCreme
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CremeDeLaCreme » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:51 am

Just read this on The Age website... Body pulled from water near iconic pier:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/body- ... 29rcq.html

more to come...
Addicted to fishing since 1973

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”