St Kilda Pier

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
shazzagraz

Re: St Kilda Pier

Post by shazzagraz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:58 am

I went for a walk down St Kilda pier one night last week and watched a guy pull on a nice flat head off the rocks. I went and spoke to him briefly and saw a nice 40+cm bream in his bucket along with a pinkie. A guy fishing next to him had a nice snapper which would have been close to 3kg. This was before sunset. The flat head and snapper were caught on the outside of the rocks (out towards the bay) while the bream was caught on the the inside (towards land).

Nobody else on the pier was having any luck yet. So maybe the rocks are worth a shot. They were set up right at the end next to the fence that you're not allowed to go past.

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:07 am

Tomcat1 wrote:.i had to politely tell 4 people to please move down a little bit or i was going to throw their rods in the water lol..

DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: lmaooo !! , catch up soon? next week?

And St kilda is alright .. i been there abit.. and didnt land anything.. but decent bites and that was it..
afew other blokes that were flicking soft plastics tried for flatties but left empty handed.
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

garfish001

Post by garfish001 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:Planing on a trip to St. Kilda pier :r and have never fished there before. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where on the pier would be the right position to target some snapper.
If your heading that way, you should give Kerferd pier a try.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:37 pm

You would rate that over St Kilda?
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:16 pm

I would rate Lagoon Pier better than Kerferd Road pier...

both will have less "tourists" than St Kilda pier
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:49 pm

might have to try lagoon one night too. i really dont mind crowded piers or other crowded fishing areas if people know how to cast,, and how to fish (such as when to put a heavier sinker on). but im really getting sick of all the people at mordi that dont have a clue and dont want to take advice even when they tangle up others lines repeatedly. im always keen to help new fishermen or women with giving them a sinker or hooks, or giving advice that might help them catch something, or even giving some bait if others bait isnt working. but when people are just idiots it gets aggravating.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:16 pm

fishingvic wrote:I would rate Lagoon Pier better than Kerferd Road pier...

both will have less "tourists" than St Kilda pier
I would rate St Kilda number 1 for fishing space but on the bottom for parking. :angry: I dont mind the tourists but they better mind my lure/hooks. :roflmao:
St Kilda is convenient too. Food and toilets are just a short walk away.

No matter how crowded St Kilda pier is, you will never have to pull out a gun to find a spot.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Jeffs_gone_fishing

Post by Jeffs_gone_fishing » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:oh and by the way i caught my limit of snapper and a few big salmon. not many really big snapper last night. just maybe 4 or 5 that were about 3 kilos caught off the pier that i saw. i got 2 that were 3 kilos and the rest were pinkies big enough to keep.
I was there last night too. I netted that massive Port Jackson for you.
There was a lot of people in the begining but the majority seemed to have gone home after midnight.
We got a few as well, nothing compared to what people were getting last Sunday night, which I missed out on :sad:

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:05 pm

yeah the port jackson was a pain i hate those things. i ended up catching 3 of them and a big banjo that i just tried to lift out and broke the hook on lol. but it was worth it for the snappers i caught. thanks for the help with the net by the way mate. i finally got aggravated when the guy that was down by the next light pole from me casted over my lines the 3rd time. i could understand if the wind and waves were washing his line around by mine but the wind and waves were going the other way and the 3rd time he casted over me i just reeled in cut his line because i was tired of untangling it and got myself a free sinker lol. thats when i decided to pack up. and go home because i was getting too aggravated with him and when i tried to tell him he was casting too far over my way he acted like he didnt understand english.

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:07 pm

tonight should be better but i wont be able to go fishing tonight. the wife has made plans for tonight so good luck to any of you that go.

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”