St Kilda pier - any good?

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: St Kilda pier - any good?

Post by bowl » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:26 am

Kadmium wrote:I like the zman paddle tails in a candy red colour. Use a fairly heavy jig head so you stay on the bottom for flatties. They aren't a finese type fish. Ambush predators that sit and smash anything that comes past.

A heavy jig with a slow rolling retrieve and short pauses should see you on to some flatties.

Not many people like the zmans but I love em. Very good action and indestructable. Just DO NOT mix them with anything else. Keep in their original package or they will melt. Also, super glue helps keep them snugged up on the jig. Just a drop.

Regards
Not many like the zmans, I thought the opposite.

Kadmium

Post by Kadmium » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:29 am

I suppose in my view not many people like them because they melt everything they touch
Species Comp 16/17

Salt: KGW 36cm - Squid 35cm - Salmon 22cm - Flathead 34cm - EP 35cm - Total Salt 162cm

Fresh: Carp 55cm - Total Fresh 55cm

TOTAL : 217cm

HyperX

Post by HyperX » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Kadmium wrote:I like the zman paddle tails in a candy red colour. Use a fairly heavy jig head so you stay on the bottom for flatties. They aren't a finese type fish. Ambush predators that sit and smash anything that comes past.

A heavy jig with a slow rolling retrieve and short pauses should see you on to some flatties.

Not many people like the zmans but I love em. Very good action and indestructable. Just DO NOT mix them with anything else. Keep in their original package or they will melt. Also, super glue helps keep them snugged up on the jig. Just a drop.

Regards
Yes zman is good but do not mix it with anything else. I learned this the hard way

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”