Lagoon Pier

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Lagoon Pier

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:54 am

Went out last night to LG with the expectation of a strong South westerly and choppy waters, unfortunately not the case. Seems like other people had the same idea as the pier was packed. Had a few bites between 8-9pm but no hook ups. All up pretty disappointing on my part :down: but not for a couple of others who managed to land some nice snapper.
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Fish-Hunter

Re: Lagoon Pier

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:06 am

Lagoon pier is a joke , i went there 2 weeks ago only for a look . it was packed & not even 1m of free space & no one had caught anything . :down:

minimal

Post by minimal » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:02 am

Same experience.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:06 am

I bring my own plank of wood to extend the pier when I go there. :lolf:

If you want some space on that pier, you need to start very early or stay overnight to secure a spot for the next evening. Still that will not gurantee that some idiots will not try to squeeze you out when they arrive late and cant find a spot. :angry:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Raulfc7

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:13 am

I agree as well because I have been there enough times to experience the over crowding. Where else is there to go around the area? St kilda pier Kerford road. Which one is better, which one is also better to leave your car there for a good few hours and not pay bank fees in parking.
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:I agree as well because I have been there enough times to experience the over crowding. Where else is there to go around the area? St kilda pier Kerford road. Which one is better, which one is also better to leave your car there for a good few hours and not pay bank fees in parking.
kerferd pier area has 4 hours parking until 6PM on the side road towards St kilda. Coming from Lagoon drive past kerferd road about 100 meters and you should see the signs 4P. After 6PM, you can park until the 6 AM the next day (cant be sure, please check).

Kerfered Pier has limited space too. For me St Kilda is the best pier as you will always find a fishing space without having to fight for it. I park close to the pier so I pay $10 for every visit. Some people told me you can park for free somewhere behind the apartments by the esplanade but it will be 15 minutes walk to the pier. I haven't tried that and I am not sure where and how much space is available.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Raulfc7

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:59 pm

hskim00

Post by hskim00 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Had a quick session at Lagoon pier staying from 11:30pm to 1:00am last night. A light northerly wind was blowing up to 10 knots with clear sky and low tide was expected at around 1:30am. Had never tried to fish there before due to all the warnings about the pier given from a few people, but I was keen to expose myself to the atmosphere as a one off occasion. It was indeed a small wooden structure with a narrow walkway and little space but heaps of anglers even at the midnight.

Managed to have a spot near the end section of it, had two 10ft surf rods set out and used blue bait on paternoster rigs. It was mostly quite for the entire time but I didn't mind if fish bite or not. I was just happy to be out sitting and watching night city scenery from the pier. :water: Well, to be honest it would have been much better if a group of family droppers next to me tried to minimise their vocal conversation a little bit.

Actually I had a good run once as I was packing up my stuff, but the lack of my attention to my rods resulted in letting the fish get away. Not sure what it was on the end of the line but strong headshakes were felt on the rod shortly, and when the line was pulled out of water I noticed that the bait on hooks were completely crashed.

Taleb

delete

Post by Taleb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm

delete
Last edited by Taleb on Thu May 23, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:48 pm

hskim00 wrote:Had a quick session at Lagoon pier staying from 11:30pm to 1:00am last night. A light northerly wind was blowing up to 10 knots with clear sky and low tide was expected at around 1:30am. Had never tried to fish there before due to all the warnings about the pier given from a few people, but I was keen to expose myself to the atmosphere as a one off occasion. It was indeed a small wooden structure with a narrow walkway and little space but heaps of anglers even at the midnight.

Managed to have a spot near the end section of it, had two 10ft surf rods set out and used blue bait on paternoster rigs. It was mostly quite for the entire time but I didn't mind if fish bite or not. I was just happy to be out sitting and watching night city scenery from the pier. :water: Well, to be honest it would have been much better if a group of family droppers next to me tried to minimise their vocal conversation a little bit.

Actually I had a good run once as I was packing up my stuff, but the lack of my attention to my rods resulted in letting the fish get away. Not sure what it was on the end of the line but strong headshakes were felt on the rod shortly, and when the line was pulled out of water I noticed that the bait on hooks were completely crashed.
Look like one that got a away HSKim00 :fish11: Glad you enjoy the experience even come home emptied handed.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”