Few good Salmon

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
Buckle&scream

Re: Few good Salmon

Post by Buckle&scream » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Nah I'm good now got plenty to last me a while.

mattstkilda

Post by mattstkilda » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:43 pm

nice catch! get em on slugs or plastics?

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:48 pm

All on Plastics

kingfisher

Post by kingfisher » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:30 pm

Buckle&scream wrote:This arvo at 4pm there was a salmon school busting up, massive school the size of the school was from Altona boat ramp to Williamstown, I was on the phone to my mate as he was out there bringing them in, said it was mayhem boats everywhere getting in on it, they got 30 in 1 hour between 2 people all around the 2kg mark then went and got there 20 pinkies. I was gonna take my boat out as well today but change my mind and decided to stay home.
Me and mates went out the same day and fished along Altona reef and footy oval but only managed 4 sizeable flatties, so we called it a day around 1pm. Spewin as the Sambo school only arrived late noon... :( We scanned around Princes Pier and saw lots of bait fish and what seemed to be ball of sambo in 6-8 metres deep, no luck!

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:47 pm

if you head out today or tommorow around 4pm-5pm I'm sure they will bust up again. I was watching them bust up again yesterday at 4pm. Was a Big school from Altona pier to the Altona boat ramp, Black rocks been going off with salmon as well so there's a lot of salmon schools in the bay.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:18 pm

Buckle&scream wrote:if you head out today or tommorow around 4pm-5pm I'm sure they will bust up again. I was watching them bust up again yesterday at 4pm. Was a Big school from Altona pier to the Altona boat ramp, Black rocks been going off with salmon as well so there's a lot of salmon schools in the bay.
Good to hear mate! Hopefully this season there will be plenty :thumbsup:

Fishydave

Post by Fishydave » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:41 pm

How do you put them thru the woodchipper, fresh or do you freeze them first?

kingfisher

Post by kingfisher » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:17 pm

Buckle&scream wrote:if you head out today or tommorow around 4pm-5pm I'm sure they will bust up again. I was watching them bust up again yesterday at 4pm. Was a Big school from Altona pier to the Altona boat ramp, Black rocks been going off with salmon as well so there's a lot of salmon schools in the bay.
Thanks for the update... another report said today Salmon gone crazy at Frankston around 6-7pm.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:11 am

kingfisher wrote:
Thanks for the update... another report said today Salmon gone crazy at Frankston around 6-7pm.
Dam! Sounds like salmon going crazy everywhere lol I'm a have to take the boat out and chase the schools :)

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:33 am

Fishydave wrote:How do you put them thru the woodchipper, fresh or do you freeze them first?
Has to be frozen or semi frozen other wise the skin of the salmon get caught on the blades and jams it

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”