Lagoon Pier St Kilda - 22/3/2016

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
kahlua_khan

Lagoon Pier St Kilda - 22/3/2016

Post by kahlua_khan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:15 am

Hi Everyone,
Had a rubbish week last week, two rods and a tacklebox nicked from the back of my ute, home hot water heater went bang, car aircon got fried and on and on, so when the good lady said she wanted me to pick up an ebay purchase and I realised it was close (enough) to the water for a fish I jumped at the chance!

I chucked my two boys in the car and we header down to Lagoon Pier at about 2:30. The pier itself was busier than Burke St, but we managed to get a spot on the little platform right at the end. I was casting out the end of the pier parallel to the beach and pretty much got snagger straight away. There must be some cracking weed beds out there. I lost that lot of tackle so rigged up again and cast out in a similar direction. Snagged again straight away. This time I got it cack however and had hooked up someone else old line complete with sinkers and hooks so I had come out even by this stage.

I soaked a bait for a while only for a few nibbles, and something (crab I assume) that was grabbing and pulling slowly on the baits.

There was one guy on the pier next to me who pulled in two flatties, a pinkie and a small mullet while we were there, but no luck where we were casting.

We also had a nice airshow from the roulettes, a F18 and some big navy Hercules looking thing that were doing their stuff for the GP, which was an added bonus.

So all up, no fish, but was still a nice outing to a spot I have never been before.
20160320_152103_resized.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Lagoon Pier St Kilda - 22/3/2016

Post by Lightningx » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:50 am

Hmmmmm it usually gets like that after word gets out that some snappers have been caught.

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:21 pm

Sorry to hear about all the crap that has happened last week, but glad you got out to fish with the boys and relax a little. Sheesh man looks like Bourke st out there!

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Sorry to hear about all you bad luck hope it gets sorted out for you soon.
Try not to fish the inside of that pier because it's snaggy as hell. Fish the bay side if you get a chance(spot) or if it's to busy try Kerferd Rd which is the next pier towards StKilda. That pier can produce the goods but usually it's worth more trouble then it's good for and by that I mean the amount of traffic it gets...very very busy.
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

kahlua_khan

Post by kahlua_khan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:26 pm

Thanks guys, I looked at Kerford Rd as we were driving home and it looked a hell of a lot quieter so we might try there next time. Would the weedy-snaggy spots at Lagoon Pier there be good for squid?

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Give Kerferd Road a crack if you want to get away from the crowd, you can get a few pinkies which will be fun for the kids to catch

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:33 pm

kahlua_khan wrote:Thanks guys, I looked at Kerford Rd as we were driving home and it looked a hell of a lot quieter so we might try there next time. Would the weedy-snaggy spots at Lagoon Pier there be good for squid?
I have fished that pier a lot and over the years have never seen anyone fish for squid in the spot you are talking about...

fishingwong

Post by fishingwong » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Any updates on how Lagoon pier is this past holiday? Planning a trip there on Weds

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”