Whiting

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
Buckle&scream

Re: Whiting

Post by Buckle&scream » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:19 am

azaita wrote:Well done buddy. I wish there were some landbased in the area as they look fun to catch.
Hey mate, Try Williamstown beach the rock groyne that sticks out, cast in towards were people swim (go in the late evening in to the night around the high tide) but don't cast far like 20meters is enough or straite out is fine as well just try get it to land on a sand patch. Another option is Between stkilda marina and kerferd rd pier there is a small concrete jetty you'll get whiting from there as well, and I here Brighton marina gets them occasionally as well, or even park dale between black rock and mordialloc pier is worth a shot, just fish of the beach. Good luck buddy!

Fishydave

Post by Fishydave » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:25 pm

I tried kerferd Rd the other day, just off the isolation marker, and only got attacked by undersized pinkies. I'm out of St Kilda marina. I have tried Brighton - North rd but no luck

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Fishydave wrote:I tried kerferd Rd the other day, just off the isolation marker, and only got attacked by undersized pinkies. I'm out of St Kilda marina. I have tried Brighton - North rd but no luck
I have launched from there as well but never really tried just outside of the marina... Might give it a go.

Fishydave

Post by Fishydave » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:50 am

Went fishing off St Kilda yesterday for whiting, didn't turn a reel or loose a bait! Yet the boat 20 meters away pulled in half a dozen whiting.

Fishydave

Post by Fishydave » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:51 am

Caught one nice size pinky near kerferd road.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:34 am

Fishydave wrote:Went fishing off St Kilda yesterday for whiting, didn't turn a reel or loose a bait! Yet the boat 20 meters away pulled in half a dozen whiting.
they were probably sitting at the edge of the weedbed and you werent, only guessing here

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:50 am

Fishydave wrote:Went fishing off St Kilda yesterday for whiting, didn't turn a reel or loose a bait! Yet the boat 20 meters away pulled in half a dozen whiting.
Can you get squid there as well?

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”