st kilda pier starting to fire up

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
nick

st kilda pier starting to fire up

Post by nick » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:48 pm

fished st kilda pier on friday night for some micro bait stealing pinkies 10-15cm, only joy was getting two half decent flattys 32 and 36 cm. ended up trying kerfo pier for a while but it was even worse.

fished on monday night in rough conditions and the pinkies came on hard and fast, only one problem they were a step up from micro 20 -25 cm all beautiful color nice and clean silvery colors. they really gave a good account of themsselves and were fighting like legal pinkies. ended up with one legal pinky 32cm and two decent flattys 42 and 38.

fished on tuesday night abot 6.30pm after getting a call from a friend to come down and once again the micro pinkies were around. i got there too late as a guy fishing next to me had 5 keepers which he got around 4.30pm and another guy on my other side had two keepers caught early. flattys were also being caught,

on the way back to the car a fellow fisherman had two flattys flapping around on the pier and when i congratulated him on his catch he asked me if i liked them and if i wanted them. they were both around the 36cm mark

lf the weather keeps blowing it wont be long till we start getting better fish. ive noticed that the bite has been shutting down when it gets dark. most of the legal fish are getting caught half way down the pier fishing towards the city casting underarm 10 -15 metres out pillys paternoster rig.

get down if you want to catch fish, even if most are undersized. its still good fun. a few little rays are also being caught.

good luck

wallaby30

Re: st kilda pier starting to fire up

Post by wallaby30 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:08 pm

Thanks for the report , was thinking of having a crack this weekend down off the beach at mordi , but as the last few trips have resulted in not much might try stkilda . Thanks for the heads up

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:13 pm

Mordi was quiet yesterday patto river has a lot of action atm tho
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

fooie69

Post by fooie69 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Thanks for the report.

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:37 pm

might go Queenscliff in about a hour or so. see how then end goes lol
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:56 pm

One banjo from Brighton tonight. Even the micro pinkies were missing.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:35 am

Was planning on going to albert park friday night, but think i might give the pier a go. Couple of questions, what's the parking situation like around the pier? Is there anywhere nearby that sells bait?
cheers

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:28 pm

tommyfishunter wrote:Was planning on going to albert park friday night, but think i might give the pier a go. Couple of questions, what's the parking situation like around the pier? Is there anywhere nearby that sells bait?
cheers
parking around the pier will be wet and salty. :-)

Roadside will cost you a few gold coins. Many parking spaces around the area are for permit holders only at certain times so be aware of the signs. One side of the road maybe ticket P area but the opposite maybe 4P until 8PM. Explore and $ave...
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:08 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
tommyfishunter wrote:Was planning on going to albert park friday night, but think i might give the pier a go. Couple of questions, what's the parking situation like around the pier? Is there anywhere nearby that sells bait?
cheers
parking around the pier will be wet and salty. :-)

Roadside will cost you a few gold coins. Many parking spaces around the area are for permit holders only at certain times so be aware of the signs. One side of the road maybe ticket P area but the opposite maybe 4P until 8PM. Explore and $ave...
Cheers mate ill have a look around.

passport1980

Post by passport1980 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Anyone been around black rock/sandy area lately??? Any luck?

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”