st kilda pier report

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
Haygmbp

st kilda pier report

Post by Haygmbp » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Hey guys with the weather doing its thing like it has a habit of on the only day you have off and added bonus had a leave pass from the missus, taking the boat out was not a option. Went into work to finish a car off but the itch got the better of me so hit up st kilda pier from 4-8.30. Armed with plastics i was confident of the pinkie brigade giving me some action....how wrong i was. Water very discoloured and weed everywhere. Flicked for 4 hrs and not even a tap. Did see some great size pinkies pulled up one would have been close to 1.5kg by the old school fisherman on the little platform on the end turn right. Tight lines

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: st kilda pier report

Post by bowl » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:18 pm

Did see what bait the old school fishermen were getting the pinkies on.
Squid seems to work ok down there.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

nickfish

Re: st kilda pier report

Post by nickfish » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:25 am

Haygmbp wrote:Hey guys with the weather doing its thing like it has a habit of on the only day you have off and added bonus had a leave pass from the missus, taking the boat out was not a option. Went into work to finish a car off but the itch got the better of me so hit up st kilda pier from 4-8.30. Armed with plastics i was confident of the pinkie brigade giving me some action....how wrong i was. Water very discoloured and weed everywhere. Flicked for 4 hrs and not even a tap. Did see some great size pinkies pulled up one would have been close to 1.5kg by the old school fisherman on the little platform on the end turn right. Tight lines
last time i was there them old men were keeping undersized fish and had lines every were. and apparently theve gotten into trouble with fisheries before.

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”