Whiting action off St kilda

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Whiting action off St kilda

Post by Scraglor » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Fishydave wrote:Any whiting activity happening on kerferd Rd, or St Kilda marina?

Good question.

However, how do you find the answer to your question?

It can be frustrating for a new comer to get the answers that they desire.

There are a number of steps, firstly many fisho's are protective of their knowledge and some even won't share with their mates.

If you want to catch whiting, get Lee Raynors video about whiting.

Join a fishing club. Find and read the fishing reports online, Listen to the fishing shows on Radio. (use the search function on this site to find them).

Go on a few fishing charters.

More importantly is to go fishing, put into practise what you learn and try a few new things.
Yeah, get out there and try some new places. I got onto my first LB whiting while chasing mullet, in a place I had never gone before. Got 5, one of which was a 48cm horse. Still up there with my best fishing memories.

nick

Post by nick » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:25 pm

try fishing the reefs around north road brighton. try going on a calm day and look for the sand patches in btewwen reef and broken ground. i know of some old pros that bag out regularly there. just keep moving till you find them.

good luck

Fishydave

Post by Fishydave » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:24 pm

I saw a few boats in front of St Kilda marina, opposite the Elwood canal, don't know what their success rate was?

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”