delete

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
Taleb

delete

Post by Taleb » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:05 pm

delete
Last edited by Taleb on Thu May 23, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kabooch

Re: Fished lagoon pier today

Post by Kabooch » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Fished there nothing to speak of land based around port Melbourne st.kila regions been dead

Rogue_Hunter

Post by Rogue_Hunter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Taleb wrote:Will try to upload pics later of the trip.
I have seen those exact Breams. what you need to know about breams is they take forever to grow to that length; 40cm is about 20years of life.

Now imagine your that bream.. living near and around that pier for 30+ years. Now imagine how many people have tried to catch you, dangling all sorts of baits/lures .. they have us worked out. So dont be too disappointed.

Breams can live till they are 60 years old :o

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Rogue_Hunter wrote:
I have seen those exact Breams. what you need to know about breams is they take forever to grow to that length; 40cm is about 20years of life.

Now imagine your that bream.. living near and around that pier for 30+ years. Now imagine how many people have tried to catch you, dangling all sorts of baits/lures .. they have us worked out. So dont be too disappointed.

Totally agreed!!!

They are a dammed hard bugger to hook at time and deserve all our respect.

This is why it is disheartening to realise some of us are abusing the rules regarding taking under sized breams and/or over the bag limit. :(

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Kabooch wrote:Fished there nothing to speak of land based around port Melbourne st.kila regions been dead
I have caught two gummies at Lagoon Pier in the 7 days
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Rogue_Hunter wrote:

Bream is very easy to hook. The reason they are hard to catch is that they get spooked easily. That is why I hate it when some anglers have radio or are noisy. Bream tend to go off the bite if a captured fish was released on the same spot that is "hot". That is why it pays to walk a bit farther from your spot when tossing back a bream. Bream moves a lot too. They hit hard before and after spawning season. Another reason for the difficulty catching bream is that they like bait that most of us hate to handle, pricy or hard to find (i.e. marine worms, mussel, yabbies, very fresh or live prawns).

A 28cm bream must be at least 7 years old. 30+ cm can be over 25 years old, 40cm can be older than most of us. This is the reason I dont fish the Yarra river system for bream....too toxic. :roflmao:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Rogue_Hunter

Post by Rogue_Hunter » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Agreed; If you drop your rod on a pier where the bream are, you might aswell packup and find another spot.

hskim00

Post by hskim00 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Rogue_Hunter wrote:
A 28cm bream must be at least 7 years old. 30+ cm can be over 25 years old, 40cm can be older than most of us. This is the reason I dont fish the Yarra river system for bream....too toxic. :roflmao:

That is very informative! I am a big fan of Sashimi so always mind where to catch fish and what to make Sashimi. About a year ago I caught some decent breams in Patterson River, and filleted and cut them into slices. :dinner: Well... couldn't have more than one piece cause its taste was like a combination of mud and fuel. :woohoo: Never gone back there to catch breams since then.
Last edited by hskim00 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:17 pm

hskim00 wrote: taste was like a combination of mud and fuel. :woohoo: Never gone back there to catch breams since then.
Next time, send the fish to a refinery. They maybe able to get a few drops of petrol and a gram of mercury from a single fish. :lolf:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Last tuesday evening , i walked onto Lagoon pier for a look & there was approx 25 fishermen & every bit of pier real estate had a rod in the water & not one bit of space for anyone else to fish . smh

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”