Lagoon Pier Saturday Night

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
Leftcoaster

Lagoon Pier Saturday Night

Post by Leftcoaster » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Got there just before sunset and left just after ten thirty. Wind was up 20kts+. No bites for me unfortunately, but a few small pinkies (one hit on pilchards) and a flathead were taken off the outside around sunset. I had a crack for flathead just behind the lagoon with SP's at sunset without luck, then changed rigs and slung some prawns out on both sides of the pier to no avail. Most people out there didn't get a bite either, including a few using floats. (Talked to a bloke who said he got two size pinkies from Kerferd Pier the night before though.) All round pretty quiet. :dontknow
Club sandwiches not seals.

nhillboy

Re: Lagoon Pier Saturday Night

Post by nhillboy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Hopefully next time will be better Lefty. Kerferd is my preferred pier out of Lagoon. Have caught or seen caught over the last few years, snapper, pinkys, KG whiting, silver trevally, bream, rockling, garfish, gummys and probably 1 or 2 other species i have forgotten. Most productive sessions were 1 or 2 hours either side of sun going down and 15-20 knot Sth-SW. :cheers: :gone:

Leftcoaster

Re: Lagoon Pier Saturday Night

Post by Leftcoaster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:19 pm

Cheers nhillboy, yeah that'll be the spot I'll have a crack at next, and that's my favourite time to fish, so fingers crossed. Sunset was magic last night.
Forecast says Friday arvo will fit the conditions you've said too. Weekend also looks decent. Shame I'll be back West until Tuesday!
Looking at all the signs, my call would be Saturday morning, at a good spot, with lines in the water at sunrise, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong!
Good luck if you get out there mate!
Club sandwiches not seals.

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”