Intellectually disabled son wants to catch a fish.

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Mustang38
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Intellectually disabled son wants to catch a fish.

Post by Mustang38 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Perhaps look towards mates day in 20th October also. Try researching mates day 2013. Hopes this helps

Check out the future fish website http://www.futurefish.com.au/http" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:
ww.futurefish.com.au/pdf/Mates_Day_on_the_Bay.pdf

Cheers
Adrian

rixter

Post by rixter » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:15 am

I have to say. I have friends who have disabled children and even elders. What you guys/gals do, and the support you give them is amazing !.
I've had my few ups and downs in life , hit depression now and then and so on , but in reality it's nothing compared to that really imo !.
These days I think of how lucky I am to be able to walk / talk , etc etc, and look at how hard the disabled ( and even the carers ) do it ! . It didn't really occur to me until my mother got Cancer and MS and spent the next 6 years paralized In a wheelchair, which myself and my father looking after her until she passed away.
I would EASILY HAPPILY see a good % of my fishing licence fees go to supporting days out for events for the disabled (in which ever way) so they can catch a fish and enjoy the outdoors like we do !.
We just take it for granted imo as we can stroll a pier , walk through the scrub etc , or what ever to catch a fish.
Give them a go and some good fishing days/memories to make life more for filling I recon.

Good on ya mate,

Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:17 am

rixter wrote:I have to say. I have friends who have disabled children and even elders. What you guys/gals do, and the support you give them is amazing !.
I've had my few ups and downs in life , hit depression now and then and so on , but in reality it's nothing compared to that really imo !.
These days I think of how lucky I am to be able to walk / talk , etc etc, and look at how hard the disabled ( and even the carers ) do it ! . It didn't really occur to me until my mother got Cancer and MS and spent the next 6 years paralized In a wheelchair, which myself and my father looking after her until she passed away.
I would EASILY HAPPILY see a good % of my fishing licence fees go to supporting days out for events for the disabled (in which ever way) so they can catch a fish and enjoy the outdoors like we do !.
We just take it for granted imo as we can stroll a pier , walk through the scrub etc , or what ever to catch a fish.
Give them a go and some good fishing days/memories to make life more for filling I recon.

Good on ya mate,

Cheers , Rick.
X2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Huckleberry

Post by Huckleberry » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:10 am

There are some easy accessible platforms along the Maribyrnong River in Essendon. Fishing with prawns for bait, you should get a few bites from the bream. Agree with Yellow 15 about Anglesea. There are plenty of bream in the Anglesea river & there are several platforms to fish from - about 90 min drive from Melbourne.

Big Dasha

Post by Big Dasha » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:03 pm

I'd like to thank everyone for their feed back and a big thanks to Rick for the kind words and also Kev for the x2. I agree with ur comment Rick about part of the proceeds from fishing licenses going towards a day fishing for disabled and under privileged kids. I'm gonna take ur advice Kev and take him down to Werribee south on Sunday.I've had a look at it on a map and I think it would be a perfect spot for him. And to Adrian thanks for the heads up about mates day I will look into that. Thanks again guys and wish us luck.

Cheers
Big Dasha

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:16 pm

All the best to ya big dasha and good luck. hope you guys have a great day. :thumbsup:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

fishfan

Post by fishfan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:20 pm

[quote="rixter"]I have to say. I have friends who have disabled children and even elders. What you guys/gals do, and the support you give them is amazing !.

Good on ya mate,

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great stuff all it would be good if all us boat owners on fishvic could organise a weekend to take all the disabled kids and familys out for the day to catch a few just the smiles on there faces would be priceless!! :a_goodjob: All familys and carers of disabled kids you have my admiration!
IF FISHING IS A SPORT
I'M AN ATHLETE

lukesfishinmission

Post by lukesfishinmission » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Good on you mate! Hope you guys catch a few! Great work
Visit my blog! www.lukesfishinmission.com

Like my page on Facebook! http://www.Facebook.com/LukesFishinMission" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

spudtrans
Has liked: 30 times

Post by spudtrans » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 pm

hope he catches a few. The smile on his face will be worth a million dollars and more.
thumbs up to you for your efforts

rixter

Post by rixter » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Just an idea , it would be great to see a poll of some sort, or something where people can vote yes or no without any bias opinion, to have a percentage of fishing licence fees contributing to a few free days out / events during the year for the disabled and their carers.
With enough yes votes maybe, it could be forwarded to the dpi to show the support for such events to take place. Maybe something a moderator could setup please if they think is a good idea ?
I'de back it 100% , what do you guys/gals think ?

Cheers , Rick
Last edited by rixter on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”