where is the best place to fish?

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: were is the best place to fish?

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:10 pm

Extremefisherman wrote:im looking for a good place to fish!!
:fishing: posting.php?mode=post&f=123#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'll try and resist the temptation that you have dangled in front of everyone with such a broad carrot.

The best place to fish depends on a number of factors?

What species do you want to catch?
Then that depends on the time of year as to where that species will be found.
Weather and tides play an important role.

Obviously a trout farm can be a constant producer. :doh1:

Pay attention to the fishing reports, such as the geelong fishing show, on face book and radio.

Clearly fishing where the fish are, gives you a chance of catchiing something, as opposed ot fishing in water where the fish are not to be found.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:24 am

A few weeks ago if you wanted to catch salmon, one of the spots that was firing was sorrento. but to catch them from the pier meant being there before sunset.

The salmon have since moved on, unless another school of salmon have taken up their brief residence

Tonyzee

Post by Tonyzee » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:06 pm

The best place for fishing???

I think maybe the not best time of year for fishing, this time of year is quite tough, but try up the estuaries for bream, salmon, mullet and trevally this seems to be working for me but alas a bit away from melbourne.

lukesfishinmission

Post by lukesfishinmission » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Mackay mate....I think i stuffed up and posted in another topic....lol
Visit my blog! www.lukesfishinmission.com

Like my page on Facebook! http://www.Facebook.com/LukesFishinMission" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:29 pm

lukesfishinmission wrote:Mackay mate....I think i stuffed up and posted in another topic....lol
I read your post in the other topic 3 times and it confused the hell out if me :rofl: :icon_lolz:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

lukesfishinmission

Post by lukesfishinmission » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:58 am

lol yeh not sure what happened there haha.
My apologies ;)
Visit my blog! www.lukesfishinmission.com

Like my page on Facebook! http://www.Facebook.com/LukesFishinMission" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CanuckDownUnder

Post by CanuckDownUnder » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:31 pm

I can't believe someone actually made this post, but I can relate. When I first arrived in Australia I had no idea where to go. Didn't know what fish were here (I didn't even know 1/2 the species that are in Port Phillip Bay existed). Didn't know what gear to use. Didn't know anybody to ask.

So I drove to the water and started looking for fishos. I looked for piers, I looked for rock walls, I went to the tackle shop and bought a combo and threw a line in. I chummed up other fishos and got some tips, went back to the tackle store and bought different gear. I had a lot of doughnuts but that's all part of it if you ask me! Now, I still have a lot of doughnuts LOL but being at the water with a rod and a beer is more than enough to make me happy.
"Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn't go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks." - Jeff Foxworthy

chick0

Post by chick0 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:48 pm

CANUCKDOWNUNDER, which part of canada are you from? im a half cast, dad was from canada, place called barrie.

CanuckDownUnder

Post by CanuckDownUnder » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:47 pm

chick0 wrote:CANUCKDOWNUNDER, which part of canada are you from? im a half cast, dad was from canada, place called barrie.
Hey chick0, I'm from Belleville, Bay of Quinte area. You should go see Barrie sometime, go in winter Lake Simcoe has some of the best ice fishing in the world. Some beauty perch, lake trout are massive in there too.
"Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn't go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks." - Jeff Foxworthy

tinyballerina

Post by tinyballerina » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:14 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Big HUGE welcome to our Canuck friends....never met a Canadian I didn't like...wunnerful people, wunnerful country!

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”