Werribee south boat ramp

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Tomcat1

Re: Werribee south boat ramp

Post by Tomcat1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:51 pm

yes if you are within the 5 knot speed limit there is not problem. this gives people time to reel in their rods. and im not just talking about the left side im also talking bout fishing off the end. as i have had numerous boats just cut right across the end instead of giving a wide berth for the people tht are fishing off of the end of the pier. there is no reason for them to do this. as far as there being a channel that the locals might be using i doubt it because they arent going the same path every time. even .7 meter is well more than enough for a trailer boat to go over. if a big yacht can g over that reef there should be no problem for the trailer boats. but back to the fishing off the end. there are no shallow reefs towards the end of the pier. so there is plenty of room for them to go out and around to keep from running over lines that are casted off the end. i even had one run over my line while i was fighting a big snapper off the end of the pier. everyone on the pier was yelling at the guy to go out. he was looking right at my bent rod and still ran right over the line and kept going. im sorry but that was intentional. as far as why would people want to fish off the left side? because i have caught some really nice snapper off the left side. so if they are going the 5 knot speed limit while close to the pier its fine. theres plenty of room for reeling in lines. but 90% of the people i have had problems with are never doing the 5 knots. they are always speeding. there are a few really good boaters. but there are a lot of them that i dont understand how they got their boating license.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:02 pm

Cant comment on the speed as I haven't seen it but re 0.7m being enough it depends on the boat but it wouldn't be for most boats.

Our boat hull has a 0.4m draft plus the motor leg hangs down lower.

Whilst on the move at low speed the stern sinks a bit and would need pretty much 0.7m of water perhaps a touch more.

I stick to 1m plus as there is often objects rocks ect that stick up slightly from the bottom.

Darren smith

Post by Darren smith » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:07 pm

I am heading down there for 6 days fishing in November and I believe everyone can enjoy the water.the problem is no one has any patience these days or manners for that reason.i will be putting in my boat each day weather permitting,if its too windy I will be fishing from the jetty so I will be on both sides of the argument.get some respect for all fisherman.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:yes if you are within the 5 knot speed limit there is not problem. this gives people time to reel in their rods. and im not just talking about the left side im also talking bout fishing off the end. as i have had numerous boats just cut right across the end instead of giving a wide berth for the people tht are fishing off of the end of the pier. there is no reason for them to do this. as far as there being a channel that the locals might be using i doubt it because they arent going the same path every time. even .7 meter is well more than enough for a trailer boat to go over. if a big yacht can g over that reef there should be no problem for the trailer boats. but back to the fishing off the end. there are no shallow reefs towards the end of the pier. so there is plenty of room for them to go out and around to keep from running over lines that are casted off the end. i even had one run over my line while i was fighting a big snapper off the end of the pier. everyone on the pier was yelling at the guy to go out. he was looking right at my bent rod and still ran right over the line and kept going. im sorry but that was intentional. as far as why would people want to fish off the left side? because i have caught some really nice snapper off the left side. so if they are going the 5 knot speed limit while close to the pier its fine. theres plenty of room for reeling in lines. but 90% of the people i have had problems with are never doing the 5 knots. they are always speeding. there are a few really good boaters. but there are a lot of them that i dont understand how they got their boating license.
I remember coming in last year when it was peak snapper with lots of boats coming in and out , i was coming in with 4 other boats all in a line behind each other and 3 boats were coming out all following each other , then the line i was in the last boat which was like a newish 20ft cat decided to put throttle down and over take everyone and nearly have head on with another boat,was typical rich wanker who thought he could do what he like , running over lines and stuff , when he over took me and other boats , he gave a big greasy stare like we were in the wrong and why u going so slow..
Felt like giving him spray at the ramp but since i was by myself thought better of it
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”