Campbells cove 19 apr 2013

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Foofoo

Campbells cove 19 apr 2013

Post by Foofoo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:38 pm

Was at Campbells cove landbased from 8 am to noon, winds were crazy with a little drizzle. Used pilchards and blue bait, only caught one mullet. I heard many ppl swear by campbells cove, that its one of the best fishing spots in the area but so far its been rather disappointing :( Also, was there about 2 weeks ago early in the morning. Didn't catch anything and got my license plate stolen :( Maybe i'm not doing it right grrr. Bangg

Fishsniper

Re: Campbells cove 19 apr 2013

Post by Fishsniper » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:55 pm

When you get to the bottom of Cunninghams Rd you need to turn rightand follow the track till you get to the dead end then climb over the mound of dirt and fishh off the beach there, basicly in front of the house on the hill

Foofoo

Post by Foofoo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:09 pm

Yup thats where I have been going. Although I fish at the point of the rock wall, up the mound and following the track.

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Yep, that's it, but I think you are too late for the whiting unless you get a northerly with a cloudy day wind then there might be a few around, you also need to wade out as far as you can and are you fishing dierctly in front of the house on the hill?

Foofoo

Post by Foofoo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:09 pm

hmm now it seems like a different place. I only remember walking past a shed. I also only stay on the rock wall, i don't wade out. quick scan of google maps, i just see the shed and the fishing shacks.

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:15 pm

Yeay, that's the general area but you do have to wade out coz you need to cast out at least 100 meters, I'm hearing of a few Gummy's being caught there, it is best to fish from the top of the tide and all of the ebb, if you want a gummy I would go about 2 hours before the tide bottoms out so you don't have to wade out so far

hsv2ko

Post by hsv2ko » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:20 pm

That area has been a hit and miss for me. I have been there few times first time I went got 2 nice flatty's and a banjo after that been few times and nothing apart from seeing another bloke as I was getting there pull out a banjo. its a nice spot tho if u get there before everyone else lol

Cuda
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Cuda » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:38 pm

The place is also absolutelyt filthy from the rubbish d...heads have been leaving there.
I checked it out a few weeks ago, after someone suggested it on this site. Only went for a walk to the tip of the point foofoo is talking about, and there was a huge pile of rubbish there, nearly threw up. Tide was up, and the depth looked pretty decent. I reckon it could easily be fished from there, but I haven't been back.

kev_b

Post by kev_b » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Cuda you are right, it is a sh**hole, but you can catch goodfish there
Shame about the all the rubbish

Foofoo

Post by Foofoo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Yeah its kinda dirty but I don't mind if I can catch fish hehe. I've seen ppl have bonfires and all at night. Hmm if I have to cast 100m then I prolly won't go back cuz I can't cast that far. Wading out won't be an option for me, today the waves were coming over the breakwall sometimes :o

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”