Werribee South Jetty

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Ploh

Werribee South Jetty

Post by Ploh » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:46 pm

It has been ages since I posted on here with a report. I finally found some time to fish Werribee South, the first time in probably almost a year. First decent day/weather in a long time so I pumped some worms and fished the turn of the tide in the evening.

I fished for about 3.5 hours and managed to pull in 4 bream, 2 banjo sharks and dropped 1 fish (probably a bream). There were plenty of bites in between fish to keep it interesting.
I left the ruler at home so I didn't keep any. All looked to be just legal or under - nothing too big or small.

Got two quick photos of the last two bream I caught. Great to see that Werribee is still producing quality bream.
IMG_20181001_210232_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181001_210135_HDR.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Werribee South Jetty

Post by Lightningx » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:47 am

Nice report and pics.
Cheers.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:49 am

great report
I've never lost a bait off that jetty
Have seen some "older" people fishing,using a small piece of chicken as bait (a bus brings them).
Cheers Gra

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:09 am

Nice one mate :)

Ploh

Post by Ploh » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:31 am

Texas wrote:great report
Have seen some "older" people fishing,using a small piece of chicken as bait (a bus brings them).
Cheers Gra
I reckon it's one of those places where you either know the place or you don't. There's no in between unfortunately.
I think it produces well provided you're fishing with the right bait. I've caught it on all sizes of mono. In fact the bream were hitting the rod with thicker mono more than the thinner one.

Texas

Post by Texas » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:54 pm

Ploh wrote:
Cheers Gra
I reckon it's one of those places where you either know the place or you don't. There's no in between unfortunately.
I think it produces well provided you're fishing with the right bait. I've caught it on all sizes of mono. In fact the bream were hitting the rod with thicker mono more than the thinner one.
Do you cast out a long way or just cast near the jetty???
I tend to cast a long way, especially with a nor easter
Cheers Gra

Ploh

Post by Ploh » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:30 pm

Texas wrote:
Ploh wrote:
Cheers Gra
Cheers Gra
Just right into the centre, halfway between the island and the jetty. Pretty much where the boats drive right through. I use a paternoster rig with a sinker to suit the current. Never had an issue with boats chewing up my line. By the time your line reaches that area, it's a fair few metres deep so no need to bring the line in. I've had fish bite before and after boats pass through so they don't seem too bothered by it.

Texas

Post by Texas » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:35 pm

Ploh wrote:
Texas wrote:
Ploh wrote:
Cheers Gra
Cheers Gra
Just right into the centre, halfway between the island and the jetty. Pretty much where the boats drive right through. I use a paternoster rig with a sinker to suit the current. Never had an issue with boats chewing up my line. By the time your line reaches that area, it's a fair few metres deep so no need to bring the line in. I've had fish bite before and after boats pass through so they don't seem too bothered by it.
Thanks mate, I think I'm casting too far
I'll give it a go
Cheers Gra

Ploh

Post by Ploh » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Texas wrote:
Ploh wrote:
Texas wrote:
Ploh wrote:
Cheers Gra
Cheers Gra
Thanks mate, I think I'm casting too far
I'll give it a go
Cheers Gra
Don't think distance is an issue. The bream will go where your bait is - the key is in what you use for bait. PM me for more details if you like.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:04 pm

Good effort mate

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”