williamstown ferg st pier 14/05/18

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
LINwAd

Re: williamstown ferg st pier 14/05/18

Post by LINwAd » Mon May 14, 2018 9:08 pm

Good work man. Nice fish! Love that place.
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

sirsquidalot
Has liked: 1 time

Post by sirsquidalot » Tue May 15, 2018 6:28 am

LINwAd wrote:Good work man. Nice fish! Love that place.
Thanks brother man.

sirsquidalot

Post by sirsquidalot » Tue May 15, 2018 6:41 am

Also, I forgot to add, there was a young chap at the pier yesterday who'm I met, I believe his name was 'Albert' or something of the like, who was fishing for Bream on some super light soft plastic gear (4 pound braid and 4 pound leader). He wasn't getting any bites but when he witnessed me getting a flathead in so he switched to a 1/8 jighead and starting stripping the bottom. In 5 minutes or so he hooked into quite a large one, bigger than any of the fish i landed yesterday. He fought it for about 5 minutes, i tried to climb down one of the ladders on the pier with my fly fishing net to help him land but when the fish got the surface it shook off the line. Poor 'Albert' was devastated. I suggested he use some of my 14 pound leader I had on my persons, we gratefully agreed and re tied the heavier leader onto his line. 5 minutes or so after getting his line back in he was on again. The second fish wasn't as large as the first but the young chap was absolutly delighted to land a good sized Flathead. On you Albert.

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Tue May 15, 2018 8:58 am

sirsquidalot wrote:Also, I forgot to add, there was a young chap at the pier yesterday who'm I met, I believe his name was 'Albert' or something of the like, who was fishing for Bream on some super light soft plastic gear (4 pound braid and 4 pound leader). He wasn't getting any bites but when he witnessed me getting a flathead in so he switched to a 1/8 jighead and starting stripping the bottom. In 5 minutes or so he hooked into quite a large one, bigger than any of the fish i landed yesterday. He fought it for about 5 minutes, i tried to climb down one of the ladders on the pier with my fly fishing net to help him land but when the fish got the surface it shook off the line. Poor 'Albert' was devastated. I suggested he use some of my 14 pound leader I had on my persons, we gratefully agreed and re tied the heavier leader onto his line. 5 minutes or so after getting his line back in he was on again. The second fish wasn't as large as the first but the young chap was absolutly delighted to land a good sized Flathead. On you Albert.
Great job helping him out. Shows it pays to have a variety of leader weights with you. When it fires at that pier it really produces a good amount of fish! I think my best day there was 3 flathead and 4 bream in 2 hours.
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by wem21 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:27 am

Where were you casting to catch them?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue May 15, 2018 9:31 am

sirsquidalot wrote:Also, I forgot to add, there was a young chap at the pier yesterday who'm I met, I believe his name was 'Albert' or something of the like, who was fishing for Bream on some super light soft plastic gear (4 pound braid and 4 pound leader). He wasn't getting any bites but when he witnessed me getting a flathead in so he switched to a 1/8 jighead and starting stripping the bottom. In 5 minutes or so he hooked into quite a large one, bigger than any of the fish i landed yesterday. He fought it for about 5 minutes, i tried to climb down one of the ladders on the pier with my fly fishing net to help him land but when the fish got the surface it shook off the line. Poor 'Albert' was devastated. I suggested he use some of my 14 pound leader I had on my persons, we gratefully agreed and re tied the heavier leader onto his line. 5 minutes or so after getting his line back in he was on again. The second fish wasn't as large as the first but the young chap was absolutly delighted to land a good sized Flathead. On you Albert.
Nice of you to give him a hand mate.
Sounds like the first one was a really big one.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:57 pm

nice catch the flattys have been really solid this year

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue May 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Totally agree mate. The last few sessions out have resulted in a fair few big ones which is always good :thumbsup:

sirsquidalot

Post by sirsquidalot » Tue May 15, 2018 7:27 pm

wem21 wrote:Where were you casting to catch them?
I caught them all in different spot. The 1st was right down the far end of the pier casting straight off the far right side, also caught a small salmon there. The 2nd was about half way back towards the gate on the left side. The third was just near the gate casting back towards the rocks. Good spread, from what i know about these fish its best to cover space and move quick.

sirsquidalot

Post by sirsquidalot » Tue May 15, 2018 7:28 pm

LINwAd wrote:
Great job helping him out. Shows it pays to have a variety of leader weights with you. When it fires at that pier it really produces a good amount of fish! I think my best day there was 3 flathead and 4 bream in 2 hours.
a wise man once told me "learning to learn is the first step in learning"

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”