Williamstown

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Jared_fletcher

Williamstown

Post by Jared_fletcher » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:51 pm

Is there a certain time to be fishing Ferguson st pier? Eg. tides and time of day?
Last edited by Jared_fletcher on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Re: Williamstown

Post by KeenAds » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:30 pm

Whenever land based fishing always try to fish a high tide at dawn or dusk is my belief.

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Jared_fletcher wrote:Is there a certain time to be fishing Ferguson st pier? Eg. tides and time of day?

Depends on what you are fishing for.

Bream and pinkies = high tide (fish 1 hour either side)
Flathead = outgoing tide.

Always fish dawn and dusk... you will catch more fish from my experience.

Made this video on how to catch bream at Ferguson pier recently .. it may help . https://youtu.be/zLPYE246ZBI
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:15 pm

Only way you'll find out is by giving it a crack. Not just one, but numerous times until you start seeing a pattern develop

ImTheDave

Post by ImTheDave » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Ok I’m new here, emigrated from the UK about a year or so ago and I have to say that I don’t believe there are any fish in Australia ;-)
I’ve tried Williamstown multiple times and haven’t even had a bite. I don’t mind so much because I just enjoy the ‘fishing’ but I do wish I could at least get something.
Love the videos and tips on this forum though so I’ll keep persevering and hopefully will be able to post something positive soon!
Going up to lakes entrance next weekend so fingers crossed I will get something there!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:14 pm

ImTheDave wrote:Ok I’m new here, emigrated from the UK about a year or so ago and I have to say that I don’t believe there are any fish in Australia ;-)
I’ve tried Williamstown multiple times and haven’t even had a bite. I don’t mind so much because I just enjoy the ‘fishing’ but I do wish I could at least get something.
Love the videos and tips on this forum though so I’ll keep persevering and hopefully will be able to post something positive soon!
Going up to lakes entrance next weekend so fingers crossed I will get something there!
I’m sure you will catch something soon mate just keep at it. Lakes is a great place for Fishing. Good luck :thumbsup:

Expomnowcon
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Expomnowcon » Thu May 17, 2018 11:23 am

ImTheDave wrote:Ok I’m new here, emigrated from the UK about a year or so ago and I have to say that I don’t believe there are any fish in Australia ;-)
Hope your catch rate has improved mate, I moved here 9 weeks ago there's heaps of fish here! First 3 sessions or so were blanks and had all the gear and no idea, but it's a lot more entertaining nowadays(!)

ante552

Post by ante552 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Good luck.

Dont worry too much ive been fishing 20 years and have a few weeks where i catch doughnuts.

Be positive you will catch

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Good luck up there mate

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”