Werribee River

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Genericname

Werribee River

Post by Genericname » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:13 am

Had another attempt at the Werribee river. Stalked along the banks behind Bungies hole and found 2 pools holding decent sized carp.
First session lost one as it broke me off on its first run. Second session, hooked a big one and played it to the bank a few times. Decided to let it run a bit and it took me into the snags!
This is a really exciting way to fish though!
Are there yabbies to be caught in this area of the river?

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Re: Werribee River

Post by gregmaka » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:49 am

I'm not sure if that was a very legal thing to do,deliberately letting a carp run ,and happened to get snagged. My apologies if i'm wrong.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:57 am

Last time I looked in the Victorian fishing guide there was no stipulation how you play a carp on the end of the line ( or any fish for that matter ) the regulation is not to put it back in the water if it's landed...
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

rodderslw

Post by rodderslw » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 pm

gregmaka wrote:I'm not sure if that was a very legal thing to do,deliberately letting a carp run ,and happened to get snagged. My apologies if i'm wrong.
Im in big trouble if you can get fined for every fish you hook and then loose. I do not think the op was deliberately trying to loose the fish so that he would not need to kill it. ....OP?

Genericname

Post by Genericname » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Hahaha, no I meant to tire it as I had no net and it went crazy every time I got its head out of the water. Carp is a very touchy subject on this forum!
Also where is the fun in winching in fish on 50lb gear!? 9ft spoinning rod, 6lb braid, although was a little disappointed with the account it gave of itself.

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”