werribee south I thought it was october.

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Born2fish

Re: werribee south I thought it was october.

Post by Born2fish » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Nude up wrote:With a great forecast I convinced my son to go fishing when I go to wake him at 430 he is not feeling well bad stomach thats not good on a boat. As a caring father I decided to go alone why waste the day.
I fuel the boat in rockbank and get to the 7 11 on the way to the ramp to pick up bait I had to wait 10 mins for it to open. Another boat turns up and we have a chat what your chasing where the usual things they told me they get gummies 5k off werribee I usually pass by going to my favorite spot a lot further out.
Put the boat in the water always a hassle by myself just time consuming 7am I approach 5k and decided to have a look around glad I did sounded some fish in 17mt drop the pick mixed up some burley dropped it down baited up the first rod pilchard as I was baiting up the second the girst rod took off in a big way. At first I thought it was a gummie but it had the unmistakable head shakes of a snapper this thing is pulling string like no tomorrow if its is a snapper I thought its going to be a good one. I was caught by surprise and only had my snowbee landing net close which promptly broke as I heaved the fish on board

I rebaited and got all 4 rods out 3 running sinkers 1 paternoster suddenly the patermoster buckles over it got circles on I pick up the rod half way through the fight gone, rebait put out again. Another rod goes off another snapper around 76 cm followed closley by one at 72cm I can't believe its march
14894836746241.jpg
Between 7am and 10 am I land 10 snapper the smallest 55cm the biggest 78cm and dropped 3 all on circles the two hook running sinker rig was inhaled no chance of getting off. Because I was alone I released 7 snapper
14894840061092.jpg
by ten am it had gone quite so i upped anchor and had a drift picked up some flathead and squid it was an awesome day on the water I still can't believe the snapper are still around in numbers.
14894842298133.jpg
U local mate I fish that way a bit should t up a trip soon we were out there Monday on the salmon

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:35 pm

I live in The west on tue I did see birds working about 1km south of me towards Geelong but I couldn't leave where I was. I fish mostly around the bellarine. But have mates who have houses on Phillip island who are always up for a fish.
I am a shift worker 4 days on 4 days off so plenty of time for a fish I do try and stay away from the weekends

Genericname

Post by Genericname » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am

Awesome session!

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”