Willy town - warmies

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
donutcrooks

Willy town - warmies

Post by donutcrooks » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:38 pm

G'day gents,

I'll start off with some wise words passed down through generations; Whale oil be forked.

I scooted down to a place called the warmies on a beautiful monday morning with my stinky mate prawnboy. We have never been there and it was as packed as a puppy farm. We saw an opening spot on the pier and thought it would be a marvellous spot to wet our line.

Our total fish count was 8 all together.

Poor prawnboy only caught 1 toadfish and I, the supreme master fisherman caught 7 of those mongrels.

Enjoy the following pictures of the day.

Like father like son or as they say, you are only as good as the fish you catch

The first fish I hooked

Right before I kicked him from inside the 50 and only got a point

I can't remember but I think he tried cracking a racist joke

Now I must search my area and catch all the carp I can so one day my dream will come true!

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Re: Willy town - warmies

Post by Kenle » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Hats off to you mate, ive been fishing there for over 10 years and my total tally for puffers are 5 and you sir smashed that number in a day. :rofl:

HyperX

Post by HyperX » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:28 pm

Even on the loneliest days, toadies will be there for you.
Should be call fishermans best friend

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:24 am

If you look at the rocks behind you, It seems your fishing the low tide when the fish are scarce here and the toadies are abundant. To be fair i have lost alot of soft plastics to them there, but never caught one. I did catch a seagul there when it grabbed my lure. The mullet have hatched and are a few inches long now. Wait till the winter months and whatever you were doing to catch the toadies you will catch mullet in that exact spot.

Correct me if i am wrong but it seems yesterday was slow for many around the Yarra Estuaries possibly due to the strange weather, rain etc.

donutcrooks

Post by donutcrooks » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:56 pm

vxcalais wrote:If you look at the rocks behind you, It seems your fishing the low tide when the fish are scarce here and the toadies are abundant. To be fair i have lost alot of soft plastics to them there, but never caught one. I did catch a seagul there when it grabbed my lure. The mullet have hatched and are a few inches long now. Wait till the winter months and whatever you were doing to catch the toadies you will catch mullet in that exact spot.

Correct me if i am wrong but it seems yesterday was slow for many around the Yarra Estuaries possibly due to the strange weather, rain etc.
Was there from 6am to 2pm mate and photos were taken a few hours in! I'll definitely try again very soon! :)

Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cornacarpio » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:35 pm

Kenle wrote:Hats off to you mate, ive been fishing there for over 10 years and my total tally for puffers are 5 and you sir smashed that number in a day. :rofl:
If it's any consolation donutcrooks you have now caught more puffer fish than me!

I try to avoid the Warm Pies on the weekends now for the reason you described in your original post.

donutcrooks

Post by donutcrooks » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Cornacarpio wrote:
Kenle wrote:Hats off to you mate, ive been fishing there for over 10 years and my total tally for puffers are 5 and you sir smashed that number in a day. :rofl:
If it's any consolation donutcrooks you have now caught more puffer fish than me!

I try to avoid the Warm Pies on the weekends now for the reason you described in your original post.
I would rather catch these slimy buggers than catch nothing :(

laneends

Post by laneends » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:50 am

You must have been using size 6 hooks to catch those tiny ones. That usually happens when out fishing for whiting, especially in westernport where they will strip your bait for whiting get anywhere near it.. They know where the fishos are so hang around piers and even come to boats.

They are well versed bait stealers. Particularly of soft baits. When present I switch to tougher baits such as squid and bigger hooks.Often you dont realize they are there until you pull your line in and so can end up sitting there watching empty hooks.

donutcrooks

Post by donutcrooks » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:47 pm

laneends wrote:You must have been using size 6 hooks to catch those tiny ones. That usually happens when out fishing for whiting, especially in westernport where they will strip your bait for whiting get anywhere near it.. They know where the fishos are so hang around piers and even come to boats.

They are well versed bait stealers. Particularly of soft baits. When present I switch to tougher baits such as squid and bigger hooks.Often you dont realize they are there until you pull your line in and so can end up sitting there watching empty hooks.
I see mate. I went out there with a small hook for the intentions of catching my first fish! I didn't really care how big or small it was just wanted to land one and feel the pleasure and joy!

I'm thinking of trying soft plastics there, any tips?

laneends

Post by laneends » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:16 pm

Hard to use SPs in crowded areas as you need to move around a bit and cover a fair area.

If you are going to give SPs a go dont retrieve to quick, that is the most common mistake.

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”