Williamstown 11/02/2017

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
kahlua_khan

Williamstown 11/02/2017

Post by kahlua_khan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:59 am

G'day,
Looked at the BOM page and it looked like calm seas around Williamstown on Saturday so my son and I decided to head down with the boat and try our luck. We were looking to head out off the footy club, but on arriving there noted that the seas were high than expected. We retreated to just off the yacht club where there was some shelter from wind and waves. We anchored just out of the channel and fished back into it.

We sat for a while with not a thing then had a hit with a pinkie which was just above size, and followed it up with a flathead and another pinkie. My son hooked up a monster flatty, but dad was a bit slow with the net and it got away from us. There were lulls in the activity but we eventually got anther pinkie and another flathead which was great. We had a few smaller fish including a Silver Trevalley that we put back.

What I found interesting is we caught fish only on the channel side of the boat, not the Williamstown side despite there only being 2m-ish between where the baits would be. This seems to indicate the fish were running up and down the channel.

Anyhow, it was a good day put and I'm looking forwards to getting out again soon!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Williamstown 11/02/2017

Post by Lightningx » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:25 am

Sounds like you both had some fun! Nice report :thumbsup:

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”