Werribee South 04/02/2017

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Ploh

Werribee South 04/02/2017

Post by Ploh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:42 am

Gday guys!
Fished the jetty for a couple hours on the rising tide hoping to take on some bream.
It started off with high winds and real choppy water and the unfortunate plague of seaweed. It eventually died down but the weed did not.

Today was a bit different in that I was using circle hooks instead of my typical bait holders.
Despite the rough conditions, I managed a small banjo as did another bloke.
Not long after that, the rod went off and I attempted to reel in what felt like a bream (compared to the dead weight of a banjo). I was just about to bring it in when it must've taken a dive for the pylons and unhooked itself.
The rest of the session was quiet and I packed up and left.

I'd say it was a combination of too much seaweed, bad luck and the group of people who bombed off the jetty for an hour with zero regard for the sign and other people fishing.

All in all it was still nice to get out for a fish and hopefully next session will be more exciting.
Last edited by Ploh on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Werribee South 04/02/2017

Post by Lightningx » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:04 am

Always nice to get out for a fish! Better luck next time mate :)

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:22 pm

it would make my blood boil if I was fishing and somebody was jumping in the water next to me like jet skiers doing doughnuts round your boat

Ploh

Post by Ploh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Nude up wrote:it would make my blood boil if I was fishing and somebody was jumping in the water next to me like jet skiers doing doughnuts round your boat
Haha tell me about it. There were about 10+ of them so I wasn't about to kick up a fuss, plus getting too annoyed over it would've made my fishing trip worse. There were both adults and kids and I couldn't entirely blame them for wanting to enjoy the water but the signs did say no jumping and some respect for people fishing would have been nice.

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”